CAN I REPLACE MY LAPTOP SCREEN FROM 1366*768 to 1920*1080 & NON TOUCH TO TOUCH SCREEN

nonono

Hey!!!

please help me as i have HP Pavilion 15 P077TX laptop and its screen is showing black lines from bottom and top of screen and i need to change the screen

can i change the screen resolution from 1366*768 to 1920*1080?

can i change the screen from NON TOUCH Screen to TOUCH Screen?

Please help me please

Too lazy to summarize it so I will just put another person's comment about that

Is it possible? Yes. Should you try it? That depends.

I’ve done several repair jobs on laptops, including a screen replacement, so I’m reasonably familiar with the task, the tools and the skills required. Unless you have experience with this sort of disassembly, just cracking the case puts you at risk of damaging or even destroying critical components of your machine. However, with the right tools and knowledge, it is possible to replace the screen.

Which brings us to the second issue. The physical/electrical connections for laptop screens are often consistent within the same manufacturer and brand. And it isn’t unusual for a single line of laptop to offer different screen resolutions at different price points within that line. With some patience and research, you may be able to find a compatible screen that offers a higher resolution but uses the same connection scheme and form factor. Just be careful.

The third issue has to do with sourcing the screen. Laptop manufacturers almost never make their own screens. They buy them. That means that you may have to go to their source to find a new screen. Or you may have to buy one that was salvaged from an old laptop. That can work out fine, but buying from OEM manufacturers isn’t always easy. They’re not really set up to sell to individuals. And buying a used screen is pretty much a crapshoot. You might get a good one. You might get a hundred dead pixels. But assuming you’re able to acquire a satisfactory screen, there’s another issue to consider.

While it may be feasible to replace the screen with a higher resolution unit that is both physically and electrically compatible, you’ll want to make sure ahead of time that your laptop’s GPU is capable of driving the new screen’s resolution. If it is (and there’s a fairly good chance of this) then, assuming you’re skilled and careful enough to swap out the screen, you’ll most likely end up with a functioning higher resolution screen.

Ok great. You have mad computer skills. You found a perfect screen. You installed it successfully. All is well. Except now you have a higher resolution screen running on an old GPU. If laptop’s GPU has the horsepower to push all those extra pixels then pat yourself on the back. You’ve just given your machine a significant upgrade. If not, you now have a computer that lacks the muscle to live up to that spiffy new display.

So there you go. If all the stars align, you can absolutely do this kind of upgrade. But if I were you I’d either look for an external monitor or consider buying a new laptop.

Hope that’s helpful!

Just now, voiha said:

Too lazy to summarize it so I will just put another person's comment about that

I am not doing the repair by me and i am going to the shop for that my laptop has NVIDIA GEFORCE 840M 2GB DDR3 please help me whether it supports 1080p and touch capability as well please help me

13 minutes ago, dattharao said:

I am not doing the repair by me and i am going to the shop for that my laptop has NVIDIA GEFORCE 840M 2GB DDR3 please help me whether it supports 1080p and touch capability as well please help me

I'm going to go with "very unlikely". It should support 1080p easily enough, but Touch is a different issue. 

If you really need a touch screen, 1080p laptop, it strikes me as being best to buy a newer laptop. Not fun, but that's laptops are mostly "use them then lose them" products.

Just now, Taf the Ghost said:

I'm going to go with "very unlikely". It should support 1080p easily enough, but Touch is a different issue. 

If you really need a touch screen, 1080p laptop, it strikes me as being best to buy a newer laptop. Not fun, but that's laptops are mostly "use them then lose them" products.

it is not necessary that i want touch screen but i wanted to know it can be done or not so that when i do the screen replacement it also helps me in deciding the best screen for my laptop

1 minute ago, dattharao said:

it is not necessary that i want touch screen but i wanted to know it can be done or not so that when i do the screen replacement it also helps me in deciding the best screen for my laptop

Since there is a need for a second connection (for the touch screen aspect), you'd need to research your model carefully to see if there's a "same model but with touchscreen" that was available. Then, it's possible you could add a touchscreen, if you can find the right panel to put in there.

If the model never had the option, it's unlikely you can add a touchscreen. However, some of that is probably only able to be answered by opening the shell and looking very close at the connectors.

Since there is a need for a second connection (for the touch screen aspect), you'd need to research your model carefully to see if there's a "same model but with touchscreen" that was available. Then, it's possible you could add a touchscreen, if you can find the right panel to put in there.

If the model never had the option, it's unlikely you can add a touchscreen. However, some of that is probably only able to be answered by opening the shell and looking very close at the connectors.

my laptop model is HP P077TX please help me please

3 minutes ago, dattharao said:

my laptop model is HP P077TX please help me please

https://www.laptopscreen.com/English/model/HP-Compaq/PAVILION~15-P077TX/

I can't find any information on HP's site, but that one suggests there is parts that would allow for Touchscreen functionality with the model. However, I don't think you could upgrade to a higher resolution panel easily.

https://www.laptopscreen.com/English/model/HP-Compaq/PAVILION~15-P077TX/

I can't find any information on HP's site, but that one suggests there is parts that would allow for Touchscreen functionality with the model. However, I don't think you could upgrade to a higher resolution panel easily.

i live in india

1 minute ago, dattharao said:

i live in india

Never said you'd be able to get the parts, but they do exist. I'm not sure it'd be worth the trouble, as you'd need to pull the laptop apart to find the connector type you'd need. That's a lot of work (and cost) to convert the laptop.

Never said you'd be able to get the parts, but they do exist. I'm not sure it'd be worth the trouble, as you'd need to pull the laptop apart to find the connector type you'd need. That's a lot of work (and cost) to convert the laptop.

it is 40pin connector

If it's me I won't go through the struggle of making it touchscreen as it is gonna be barely usable since your laptop is not designed for it. To place a 1080p is easy task, but still. If your laptop monitor is usable enough when you're outside or somewhere else, and you use it primarily at home, just get a cheap 1080p monitor and connect it to your laptop. The repair costs and screen for the laptop will be twice more expensive than buying one 24" cheap monitor. Cheers!