Windows update won’t uninstall

Hi all, I just joined today :) A few days ago my cyberpower windows 10 computer wouldn’t start up. Through a lot of work I discovered that the problem with my computer is that there is a “corrupt” windows update. This update was installed on 7/10/18. I have gone into safe mode and attempted to uninstall the update in programs. However the update is not allowing me to uninstall it. There is no unistall button/capability. I was able to uninstall other updates so I know how to do it. Please help I’ve been trying to fix my computer for a while now and I’m very frustrated.

Where it hangs? During boot logo (infinite loop) or in login screen or where?

It won’t load past the boot logo. I get vertical colored lines and then it goes to black screen. 

For how long? I mean - do you try to leave it that way for 10 minutes at least?

7 hours ago, homeap5 said:

For how long? I mean - do you try to leave it that way for 10 minutes at least?

Thanks for the reply. I get vertical colored lines when it is loading up and then the monitor turns off and goes to black screen. It will stay a black screen forever until I reboot the computer. So yes I have left it there for 10+ min. I have been dealing with this problem for many days. I am now trying to reinstall the windows update instead of uninstalling it. However it is not allowing me to download a standalone update through safe mode. Do you have any idea how to download a standalone update through safe mode? 

Best way is to download it on another computer. You may even plug your hdd for a while.