Hello everyone I have the following config :

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600, 3.9GHz, 19MB Socket AM4, Wraith Stealth cooler

MB: MSI X370 GAMING PLUS, Socket AM4

GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1060 , 3GB GDDR5, 192-bit

PSU: Seasonic S12II-620 Bronze SS-620GB, 620W

RAM: Corsair 8GB (2x4GB), DDR4, CL16, 3200 MHz, Vengeance LPX

SSD: WD, 120GB, Green, SATA3, M.2 2280

HDD: Seagate BarraCuda 1TB, 7200rpm, 64MB cache, SATA III

Case: NZXT S340 with 2 120 mm fans one in the front as intake and one in the back as exhaust.

CPU and GPU not overclocked.

Here is the question I have:

I'm running with the stock cooler from amd (the Wraith Stealth ) and as far as I know this cooler pushes air down through the fins of the heatsink unlike intel stock coolers that pull hot air away from the heatsink (or at least that's what I know). So since this work like that I'm wondering if I should have the back fan (normally set as an exhaust ) as an intake, because my understanding is that if it is set as exhaust it will create a negative pressure and the amd cooler will not have high pressure air or neutral pressure air to pull down. What do you think about this how should I set it ?

By the way in aida64 stress test compined with furmark I get max 96 C for the CPU and 81 C for the GPU ... these seem kinda high to be honest ... I know it's the stock cooler but still.

Just to clarify .. the CPU temps don't stay at 96 that is just the max temp it usually seats between 84 - 88 rarely hitting 90

Intel stock coolers also push air down towards the heatsink and motherboard.

Downdraft coolers don't have much of a preference towards where the intake is coming from unless it's above it. It can exhaust heat is every other direction. 

For the S340, use the front as intake and the rear as exhaust. 

Your cpu temps are too high. I suggest reseating the cooler and making sure that it's evenly and tightly mounted.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

17 minutes ago, WoodenMarker said:

Intel stock coolers also push air down towards the heatsink and motherboard.

Downdraft coolers don't have much of a preference towards where the intake is coming from unless it's above it. It can exhaust heat is every other direction. 

For the S340, use the front as intake and the rear as exhaust. 

Your cpu temps are too high. I suggest reseating the cooler and making sure that it's evenly and tightly mounted.

They are a bit high ... The cooler is attached properly thought as that was the first thing I checked ... It is a bit got in my apartment as well about 28 C something like that but it's the stealth cooler, I mean that little thing is not very effective as it only goes about 2000 RPM 

2 minutes ago, motzias said:

They are a bit high ... The cooler is attached properly thought as that was the first thing I checked ... It is a bit got in my apartment as well about 28 C something like that but it's the stealth cooler, I mean that little thing is not very effective as it only goes about 2000 RPM 

What rpm are the fans running at during stress tests?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

4 minutes ago, WoodenMarker said:

Well ... The CPU fan at 2000 and the case fans at 1350 something like that so that is the max for both CPU fan and case fans. 

6 minutes ago, WoodenMarker said:

The temps seem high yeah also the CPU is running at 3.4 not 3.9 it can boost up to 3.9 but usually during stress test it boosts to 3.7 as it throatles. 

11 minutes ago, WoodenMarker said:

What do you reckon the temps should be cause I'm not comfortable at 90+ C mostly 85-90 but still what are the expected temps ? 

kind of high temps.

have you reapplied thermal paste?

just the size of a rice grain it's enough.

Also, 2000RPM is slow... I remember my old stock AM3 going up to 5800, unless new coolers are using a new motor...  be sure there's nothing such as low noise or cool n quiet stuff enabled in your BIOS setup

ASUS X470-PRO • R7 1700 4GHz • Corsair H110i GT P/P • 2x MSI RX 480 8G • Corsair DP 2x8 @3466 • EVGA 750 G2 • Corsair 730T • Crucial MX500 250GB • WD 4TB

1 hour ago, aezakmi said:

Also, 2000RPM is slow... I remember my old stock AM3 going up to 5800, unless new coolers are using a new motor...  be sure there's nothing such as low noise or cool n quiet stuff enabled in your BIOS setup

The old stock coolers had slim fans whereas the newer Wraith coolers come with 25mm thick fans so 2000rpm isn't that low. 

2 hours ago, motzias said:

What do you reckon the temps should be cause I'm not comfortable at 90+ C mostly 85-90 but still what are the expected temps ? 

Under 80c is good and 85-90c is a bit higher than expected. It's passable but not optimal. It might be good to double check the paste spread or replace the cooler.

10 hours ago, aezakmi said:

kind of high temps.

have you reapplied thermal paste?

just the size of a rice grain it's enough.

I replied paste ... I changed the stock thermal paste but I got just a few degrees of the CPU as it was reaching before even 100 C 

On 6/15/2018 at 2:26 AM, motzias said:

I replied paste ... I changed the stock thermal paste but I got just a few degrees of the CPU as it was reaching before even 100 C 

That's strange. What's your core voltage set to?

20 hours ago, WoodenMarker said:

That's strange. What's your core voltage set to?

well .. the cpu boosts itself to about 3.6 3.7 even ... the core voltage can reach on auto about 1.3 that is the maximum... I stopped the auto boost feature in bios and I once again reapplied thermal paste and made sure the cooler is installed properly... I still got the same temp but i guess is a bit hot in my room ... so until I get an AIO I will leave it like that now with the stock speed I get max about 75-80 C so that is fine ... the new wraith stealth is not the best when it comes to cooling as it is rated for 65 W but my cpu can pull even 80+ W in a really stressing scenario ... so I'll get an AIO ... Any suggestions on an AIO for the case that I got (NZXT S340)  ? 

Thanks 

6 hours ago, motzias said:

well .. the cpu boosts itself to about 3.6 3.7 even ... the core voltage can reach on auto about 1.3 that is the maximum... I stopped the auto boost feature in bios and I once again reapplied thermal paste and made sure the cooler is installed properly... I still got the same temp but i guess is a bit hot in my room ... so until I get an AIO I will leave it like that now with the stock speed I get max about 75-80 C so that is fine ... the new wraith stealth is not the best when it comes to cooling as it is rated for 65 W but my cpu can pull even 80+ W in a really stressing scenario ... so I'll get an AIO ... Any suggestions on an AIO for the case that I got (NZXT S340)  ? 

That seems like normal vcore and temps. It makes sense to replace the cooler if you want to oc or want something quieter.

Where are you shopping / located? Budget?

Why an AIO? You can generally get a better value and a quieter cooler with a traditional air cooling heatsink.

On 6/19/2018 at 7:55 AM, WoodenMarker said:

That seems like normal vcore and temps. It makes sense to replace the cooler if you want to oc or want something quieter.

Why an AIO? You can generally get a better value and a quieter cooler with a traditional air cooling heatsink.

That's one other question I have ... I would like an AIO but I want to make it a. Exhaust in the back so I only have the option to get a small AIO like a 1 fan small rad AIO .... Would a beefier air cooler be better ? 

14 hours ago, motzias said:

Would a beefier air cooler be better ? 

It depends on pricing and why you want an AIO in the first place.

29 minutes ago, WoodenMarker said:

It depends on pricing and why you want an AIO in the first place.

Romania ... Budget about 50 70 EUR 

Just now, motzias said:

Thank you very much for your help ... You're great 

No freaking way ... You even found something in Romania ... Manuale You didn't have to go through all of that ... You're awesome