production pc

Go to solution Solved by ricksteendam1,

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/JTd4MZ 

hey man i think this will do the job for you 

yesterday i was given a budget of 3500$ usd to buy a new pc. I am kinda still a noob in the realm of pc creating and would like help if anyone could send me some. I'm looking for a streaming and recording setup secondary to a gaming fun pc. I would like to have it look nice and run well over look crap and run 100% max. I already have everything i need for a pc i actually currently have one running 2 24" monitors i would like to know if there is anything i could do for that much or less thank you for your time. if any information is required i would be happy to offer what i know.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/HZkCdX

This is a pretty good starter build. You can add whatever Graphics card you like depending on budget. Considering your budget is $3,500.00 you can easily get a 1080 TI in there and change a few things. But you could start with this.

Personal Computer Build:

CPU: i7-4790k | Motherboard: Asus Z97-A | RAM: 16GB G. Skill | Graphics Card: Nvidia Geforce Gtx 1070 TI Founders Edition | Case: Corsair 750D | Storage: Samsung 850 Evo 250GB / Western Digital Black 1TB / Western Digital Blue 1TB | Power Supply: EVGA 750watt SuperNova Gold Rated | Displays: 3 VG248QE 24" 144hz, 1MS | CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 | Keyboard: Razer Chroma BlackWidow

Would this be a good pc for like heavy editing and recording software too.

• The motherboard M.2 slot #1 shares bandwidth with a SATA 6.0 Gb/s port. When the M.2 slot is populated, one SATA 6.0 Gb/s port is disabled.

1 minute ago, CyberSlime241 said:
  • The motherboard M.2 slot #1 shares bandwidth with a SATA 6.0 Gb/s port. When the M.2 slot is populated, one SATA 6.0 Gb/s port is disabled.

That's fine, just means you can not fill all the slots up and all be functional.

Personal Computer Build:

CPU: i7-4790k | Motherboard: Asus Z97-A | RAM: 16GB G. Skill | Graphics Card: Nvidia Geforce Gtx 1070 TI Founders Edition | Case: Corsair 750D | Storage: Samsung 850 Evo 250GB / Western Digital Black 1TB / Western Digital Blue 1TB | Power Supply: EVGA 750watt SuperNova Gold Rated | Displays: 3 VG248QE 24" 144hz, 1MS | CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 | Keyboard: Razer Chroma BlackWidow

1 minute ago, CyberSlime241 said:

yes unleas you want to make a server it's not a big deal the board has 6 SATA slots and you plan on using 2 of them

ask me about your system builds, AIO's, CPU's, PSU's, and GPU's.

thank you so very much

i changed one thing and that was the case otherwise perfect thank you.

i only changed it to mach my black and blue setup

Edited by CyberSlime241
added info

16 minutes ago, ricksteendam1 said:

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/JTd4MZ 

hey man i think this will do the job for you 

26 minutes ago, CyberSlime241 said:

yesterday i was given a budget of 3500$ usd to buy a new pc. I am kinda still a noob in the realm of pc creating and would like help if anyone could send me some. I'm looking for a streaming and recording setup secondary to a gaming fun pc. I would like to have it look nice and run well over look crap and run 100% max. I already have everything i need for a pc i actually currently have one running 2 24" monitors i would like to know if there is anything i could do for that much or less thank you for your time. if any information is required i would be happy to offer what i know.

Wait, is that 1080ti SLI for a 1080p 60hz display?

Go for X399, 16 cores is more funner

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

1 minute ago, Streetguru said:

Wait, is that 1080ti SLI for a 1080p 60hz display?

Go for X399, 16 cores is more funner

no not in sli one will be specifically for decoding and encoding 

Just now, CyberSlime241 said:

again noob im confused here.

He was telling you to get an i9 instead of the i7 I suggested but it won't do you any good in gaming. and said you would not need 2 GPU's but i put the second one there for the streaming en recording work  

oh got it

thanks i am learining this as much as i can as fact as i can.

2 minutes ago, CyberSlime241 said:

oh got it

oke if you have any questions you can always send me a pm 

6 minutes ago, ricksteendam1 said:

no not in sli one will be specifically for decoding and encoding 

You don't need a secondary GPU for decording/encoding? One already has like 2 NVENC w/e cores. And if he only has a 1080p display a 1080ti is wasted.

Not to mention you get a lot more options if you have a 16 core CPU rather than an 8700k

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

5 minutes ago, Streetguru said:

You don't need a secondary GPU for decording/encoding? One already has like 2 NVENC w/e cores. And if he only has a 1080p display a 1080ti is wasted.

Not to mention you get a lot more options if you have a 16 core CPU rather than an 8700k

the 2 nvenc cores still will take performance away from the game an 16 core GPU will he most defiantly not need, i run an i7-7700k in my streaming rig and 2 1080ti's and my CPU never goes over 80% of use while streaming r6 and simulator games.

19 minutes ago, ricksteendam1 said:

the 2 nvenc cores still will take performance away from the game an 16 core GPU will he most defiantly not need, i run an i7-7700k in my streaming rig and 2 1080ti's and my CPU never goes over 80% of use while streaming r6 and simulator games.

The chips exist so you don't have to worry about it taking away performance, there isn't going to be any major performance hit from using only a single GPU for OBS NVENC, especially one that's completely overpowered for 1080p gaming, as it only takes like 50-60% of that GPU to run games well at 1080p ultra

33 minutes ago, CyberSlime241 said:

oh got it

X399 gives you a much more versatile system overall, you can render a project in the background while you edit another, or game while rendering if this is your only system

Streaming doesn't even make it sweat. And for 1080p gaming a 1070ti is more than enough.

Just gotta double check the RAM compatibility for speed, left the rest of the storage open.

PCPartPicker part list: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/3FGvjy
Price breakdown by merchant: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/3FGvjy/by_merchant/

CPU: AMD - Threadripper 1950X 3.4GHz 16-Core Processor  ($858.97 @ Amazon)
CPU Cooler: Enermax - LIQTECH TR4 280 80.7 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($121.89 @ Newegg)
Motherboard: Gigabyte - X399 DESIGNARE EX ATX TR4 Motherboard  ($371.50 @ Amazon)
Memory: G.Skill - Sniper X 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  ($350.98 @ Newegg)
Storage: Western Digital - Black 512GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive  ($154.89 @ OutletPC)
Video Card: EVGA - GeForce GTX 1070 Ti 8GB SC GAMING ACX 3.0 Black Edition Video Card  ($469.99 @ Amazon)
Case: Cooler Master - MasterCase H500P Mesh White ATX Mid Tower Case  ($149.99 @ Amazon)
Power Supply: SeaSonic - FOCUS Plus Platinum 850W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($130.90 @ Amazon)
Total: $2609.11
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-06-03 14:19 EDT-0400

Spoiler