Ok, So i've got fed up with iTunes

I've got fed up with iTunes as my movie source.  Netflix is a ripoff in the UK and Prime video doesn't support AC3 pass-through.  My only option is BluRay.  Can anyone recommend the best way to play them with full DTS/Dolby support?  I'm using an old PS3 at the moment but the drive is dying on that.  I'm going to get a BluRay drive for my PC.  When i bought one a few years ago the PowerDVD that came with it only supported stereo sound.  I have had them working in VLC but that a pigging nightmare with BluRay.  So what i used to do was MakeMKV and play the files in VLC.  Is that still the best option? i was hoping not to have to have countless huge file on my comp.  Just wanna put in a disc and watch the film  

With all the Trolls, Try Hards, Noobs and Weirdos around here you'd think i'd find SOMEWHERE to fit in!

PC based Bluray software is complete garbage, much better and CHEAPER off buying a stand alone Bluray player.

Ony use for a Bluray drive is so you can RIP your movies down to your Hard Drive.

37 minutes ago, Daniel644 said:

PC based Bluray software is complete garbage, much better and CHEAPER off buying a stand alone Bluray player.

Ony use for a Bluray drive is so you can RIP your movies down to your Hard Drive.

Yeah that's what i was afraid of.  I like watching the films in a VR cinema that's the thing.  It's quite convincing with the DSP going :)  But since Apple killed off BigScreen use i been looking for another way of doing it.  I was thinking of getting a PS4 (phat one) and grabbing a PSVR.  They're quite cheap around the second hand shops now.  But that a helluva lot more expensive than just swapping out my case (AGAIN lol) and bunging a BluRay drive into it.  The other option is to rip the DRM out of itunes files, but then again that's still feeding Apple at the end of the day

With all the Trolls, Try Hards, Noobs and Weirdos around here you'd think i'd find SOMEWHERE to fit in!

On 6/2/2018 at 7:59 PM, JZStudios said:

I still haven't bought a blu-ray drive, but (I know you said you used to but maybe it's been a while) VLC should do it, as well as I BELIEVE Kodi, but I don't know if you can do the VR thing with Kodi.

https://www.windowscentral.com/how-watch-blu-ray-discs-windows-10

OK, Thank you

I have a blue-ray/HD drive and never use it for movies. You need a player for one and the playback looks like garbage due to the crappy players available. To get better takes a good bit of tweaking and setting up of one of the better ones. A total pain in the ass.. You can find a regular blue-ray player for cheap and avoid all of the hassles.

I have a BL burner that I do use to do backups and file storage and it gets used all the time though. The other one I don't think I have used for 3 or 4 years now..

Passmark 4507

Time Spy   3837

Fire Strike   11287

5 hours ago, billstelling said:

I have a blue-ray/HD drive and never use it for movies. You need a player for one and the playback looks like garbage due to the crappy players available. To get better takes a good bit of tweaking and setting up of one of the better ones. A total pain in the ass.. You can find a regular blue-ray player for cheap and avoid all of the hassles.

I have a BL burner that I do use to do backups and file storage and it gets used all the time though. The other one I don't think I have used for 3 or 4 years now..

This is all actually rather disappointing. I bought a PS4 for some games, but I guess now that I know that Blu-Rays don't really work on PC I'll just save my money on buying one. I wonder why it's so hard for VLC to get it working right?

#Muricaparrotgang

1 hour ago, JZStudios said:

This is all actually rather disappointing. I bought a PS4 for some games, but I guess now that I know that Blu-Rays don't really work on PC I'll just save my money on buying one. I wonder why it's so hard for VLC to get it working right?

Encryption keys.  Some older blurays do work with varying degrees of success.  I guess that's what we get for sharing lmao