Want to Build Ebike, Not Sure of Part Compatability

kennethnakasone

Hello,

I'm interested in putting together a Tom Stanton-style ebike (video here), which uses a brushless motor and 3d printed parts. I came across a derivative by Gabriel Robson that uses different components, and since his list of parts isn't specific in a few places, I wanted to confirm that the parts are compatible with each other before I buy them. Alternatively, if there's a better way to do this, please feel free to mention it.

Motor: Turnigy Aerodrive SK3 - 6374-149KV Brushless Outrunner Motor

Speed Controller: TURNIGY Plush 100amp Speed Controller w/BEC

Battery: Turnigy 5000mAh 6S 20C Lipo Pack w/XT60 Connector

EDIT:

Bike: Trek 7100 *

I also have a few questions, if someone would be willing to answer those as well:

1. The motor listing says "Voltage: 12S Lipoly", but the battery chosen is a 6S in Stanton's video, and two 3S batteries in Robson's video. For Robson's I assume the two batteries were hooked up such that they replicate a 6S battery, but either way, they're both lower than what's specified in the product listing. Why is this?

2. Robson mentions that he uses a  "100A esc with built in 5v bec" instead of a VESC, but is the controller I found similar/compatible? It mentions a "UBEC Mode: 3A / 5v out", but I wanted to make sure.

3. I chose the battery because it looks like the one Stanton uses. Is this alright?

*I'm not sure if this is the exact model, but its fairly similar.

10 hours ago, Pangea2017 said:

-snip-

Good point, I hadn't really thought about that. It's a Trek 7100 (?), though I'm not sure about any specific configuration. Thanks; I'll add this info to OP.

On a separate note, do the components listed seem compatible to you?