James Regan

Best places in the UK to get my hands on a 2nd hand GPU

Posted · Original PosterOP

I'm looking to upgrade my GPU but havent got the current budget for Retail price. 

Anyone know any good sites for second hand GPU's or parts in genal

I tried eBay, but prices always way too high. Craigslist is total cancer. Preloved is also rubbish, not worth bothering with.

Maybe check Shpock, I hate the interface and usually not much to find there, just to cover all your bases.

Gumtree is still the best in my opinion, simply because they're the most popular. If you check often enough you can get some decent deals, depending on where you live. 

Also: if it's worth your time look at complete systems and sell the rest

Does you mum know you're here?

Pawn shops, eBay, Gumtree, local papers etc etc.

CEX usually have a decent amount in stock but personally I'd never buy anything from them.

Spoiler

Main Rig:-

I7 6700K @ 4.8Ghz | MSI Z170A Gaming M7 | 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000Mhz | Samsung SM951 512GB NVMe | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X | Full Alphacool Custom Water Loop | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | Corsair AX760I | Fractal Define XL R2.0 | Acer XB280HK 4K G Sync | Pioneer BDR-209EBK BDXL | Windows 10 Pro X64/MacOS 10.12.3 Sierra dual boot |

Spoiler

NAS/File Server/DNLA Server:-

I3 6100 | MSI H110 Pro-VD | 8GB Corsair Value 2400Mhz | Sandisk Ultra Plus 120GB SSD | 2 x WD Caviar Red 4TB RAID0 | Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo | FSP 400w PSU | Aerocool Silent Cube White mATX | Windows Server 2012 R2 |

10 minutes ago, James Regan said:

I'm looking to upgrade my GPU but havent got the current budget for Retail price. 

eBay, Cex, Gumtree. 

5 minutes ago, Master Disaster said:

Pawn shops, eBay, Gumtree, local papers etc etc.

CEX usually have a decent amount in stock but personally I'd never buy anything from them.

CEX basically sell used stuff for the same price you can buy new, and thanks !!

Just now, James Regan said:

CEX basically sell used stuff for the same price you can buy new, and thanks !!

Don't write off CEX completely, they do give a year warranty, customer service isn't terrible and last time i checked (about a year ago) CPU prices were pretty low there. 

Does you mum know you're here?

41 minutes ago, James Regan said:

In which part of the UK are you based? If you live anywhere close to South Wales I could help you with an EVGA GTX 1070 FTW for £300. Yes, it was used for mining but only for 8 months and still carries 2 year and 2 months of warranty with EVGA.

Unfortunately I won't be able to post it, that's why I asked for the distance.

CPU: i7-4790k, Cooling: NZXT X52 AIO MOBO: Asus Sabertooth Mark S "Sabranco" GPU: Asus GTX 1080 Strix Gaming RAM: 2x8GB Avexir "Sabranco Edition" DDR3 2400Mhz PSU: Corsair HX850i Storage:  Hynix 128GB SSD + SanDisk Z400s 128GB SSD + old 320GB HDD, CASE: NZXT S340 Elite White OTHER: CABLE Extensions: WHITE PCIE+BLACK 24pin+RED CPU ---- MONITOR: Asus ROG Swift PG279Q 27" WQHD 1440p IPS 4ms 144Hz (OC to 165)

8 minutes ago, r3loAded said:

In which part of the UK are you based? If you live anywhere close to South Wales I could help you with an EVGA GTX 1070 FTW for £300. Yes, it was used for mining but only for 8 months and still carries 2 year and 2 months of warranty with EVGA.

Unfortunately I won't be able to post it, that's why I asked for the distance.

Im in Cardiff, £300 for an ex miner is a bit high tho... Considering non miner second hand cards are going for around 300-340

12 minutes ago, James Regan said:

Im in Cardiff, £300 for an ex miner is a bit high tho... Considering non miner second hand cards are going for around 300-340

Funny enough, I'm in Cardiff too :)). No worries, I totally get your point. Hope you'll find a good deal soon. Cheers.

CPU: i7-4790k, Cooling: NZXT X52 AIO MOBO: Asus Sabertooth Mark S "Sabranco" GPU: Asus GTX 1080 Strix Gaming RAM: 2x8GB Avexir "Sabranco Edition" DDR3 2400Mhz PSU: Corsair HX850i Storage:  Hynix 128GB SSD + SanDisk Z400s 128GB SSD + old 320GB HDD, CASE: NZXT S340 Elite White OTHER: CABLE Extensions: WHITE PCIE+BLACK 24pin+RED CPU ---- MONITOR: Asus ROG Swift PG279Q 27" WQHD 1440p IPS 4ms 144Hz (OC to 165)

5 minutes ago, r3loAded said:

Funny enough, I'm in Cardiff too :)). No worries, I totally get your point. Hope you'll find a good deal soon. Cheers.

Thanks for the offer though <3

1 minute ago, James Regan said:

Thanks for the offer though <3

How about £350 for Zotac 1070 Ti Mini? Has never been used for mining and has only been used for a month of gaming. Unfortunately it suffers, like most of Zotac brand products, from coil whine. Not the worst but present.

3 minutes ago, r3loAded said:

How about £350 for Zotac 1070 Ti Mini? Has never been used for mining and has only been used for a month of gaming. Unfortunately it suffers, like most of Zotac brand products, from coil whine. Not the worst but present.

Let me see what funding i can get ahold of

7 minutes ago, James Regan said:

Let me see what funding i can get ahold of

For the right price I could do part exchange of you got other components. I'm a PC builder and would need all sorts of components.

Guys take it to PM, I'm pretty sure arranging private sales is against the ToS here.

Spoiler

Main Rig:-

I7 6700K @ 4.8Ghz | MSI Z170A Gaming M7 | 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000Mhz | Samsung SM951 512GB NVMe | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X | Full Alphacool Custom Water Loop | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | Corsair AX760I | Fractal Define XL R2.0 | Acer XB280HK 4K G Sync | Pioneer BDR-209EBK BDXL | Windows 10 Pro X64/MacOS 10.12.3 Sierra dual boot |

Spoiler

NAS/File Server/DNLA Server:-

I3 6100 | MSI H110 Pro-VD | 8GB Corsair Value 2400Mhz | Sandisk Ultra Plus 120GB SSD | 2 x WD Caviar Red 4TB RAID0 | Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo | FSP 400w PSU | Aerocool Silent Cube White mATX | Windows Server 2012 R2 |

1 minute ago, r3loAded said:

For the right price I could do part exchange of you got other components. I'm a PC builder and would need all sorts of components.

You can see the GPU here ;) https://www.gumtree.com/p/desktop-workstation-pcs/gaming-pc-i7-7th-gen-gtx-1070-ti-16gb-ddr4-ssd-corsair-aio/1292412353

I would be swapping it from a 1060 3gb, you interested in that?