My Electrican thoughts on my Speaker Choice ?

RickySrx

Today my electrician came to my house to give me a quote on the installation of a projector and installation of a surround sound setup but he gave me the quote of 250e to do the job and said it should probably be 300 but it shouldn't take 1 days works.

1.PNG.f84f001d00ce24294d47ffd72e055ee6.PNG

Anyway, what he said about the speakers is that they would not be the best for a movie experience he says, he told me to buy an AMP and a subwoofer downward facing and pick 5 speakers.

I could afford to buy this now but after him saying that I feel like I'm gonna regret it and I've no experience with how amps and speakers work and whats good and bad.

My budget for the 5.1 surround sound is 300e and would like the speaker's wall mounted could someone help me make a decision on wither or not stick with the Logitech speakers I've already picked or go custom pick with everything any help would be appreciated as I'm now lost on what to do 

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

What are you using for a processor? Typically a receiver is necessary so it can encode your sound and drive speakers. This is particularly important with discs and streaming. How do you plan to watch movies?

While yes, the Z906 is not typically used for a surround sound in an entire room, it might work okay or less than okay. I wouldn't expect a lot, and plan for some level of listening fatigue at high volumes.

Also, the length of your HDMI cable is very long. It may potentially result in a weak signal. I have everything set up in the back of my theater and use a Logitech universal remote to control everything. It works brilliantly, and I was able to keep my digital wire runs short. I do have some lengthy speaker cables for my fronts and subwoofers, but that's easier to compensate for.

1 hour ago, JohnT said:

What are you using for a processor? Typically a receiver is necessary so it can encode your sound and drive speakers. This is particularly important with discs and streaming. How do you plan to watch movies?

While yes, the Z906 is not typically used for a surround sound in an entire room, it might work okay or less than okay. I wouldn't expect a lot, and plan for some level of listening fatigue at high volumes.

Also, the length of your HDMI cable is very long. It may potentially result in a weak signal. I have everything set up in the back of my theater and use a Logitech universal remote to control everything. It works brilliantly, and I was able to keep my digital wire runs short. I do have some lengthy speaker cables for my fronts and subwoofers, but that's easier to compensate for.

i have an Intel Core i5 4690K @ 4.20 GHz and this is the receiver i believe yeah i was unsure about the length id say id get away with 10m can you suggest any good 5.1 surround systems for around 300 

2.PNG

Have you thought about throw distance with your projector the room looks very small.

Also I think spending a load of money on upgrading your bedroom is a bit stupid. If you want a projector and some speakers thats fine. But spending money to have cables ran through a room to get a surround system when you cant afford a decent surround system is just idiotic.

300 Euroes gets you a reasonably decent 2.1 system. Sub on floor speaker either end of desk. It be a world better then a rubbish 5.1