Xbox controller cause PC mostly freeze and then beep.

I was playing Black Ops II and the game started to stutter and then it completely froze for a moment and then my wireless Xbox one controller connected via Bluetooth disconnects, it has happened in GTA V a few times but it hasn't made the whole game lock up and it hasn't done it recently. I turned my controller off and turned it back on, it re-connects. All is going great for a few minutes and then BAM! Whole game freezes, controller disconnects again, game doesn't recover. I then Alt-tabbed out to discover I had no mouse and every time I moved my mouse, I heard a beep through my headset. I pressed the power button to shutdown and it tried to shutdown but then hung with a black screen. I looked in Event Viewer and around the time it happened it showed "Bluetooth HID device  either went out of range or became unresponsive." and then nothing in the System log after that. I looked in the other logs but nothing stands out to me that would relate to my mouse becoming unresponsive. I did Google this problem and found some old Microsoft forum post, a Reddit post, and a post from this Forum relating to the same exact issue, but they are from 2016. They say to uninstall update KB3140743, however it is not present on my computer. I am using Windows 10 Version 1803 (Build 17133.73) currently. 

I will try plugging it in via USB and see what happens. Will report back with results.

Try this:

1. Go to Control Panel
  2. Go to More Settings
  3. Search for BLUETOOTH and bluetooth options will appear under DEVICES AND PRINTERS
  4. select CHANGE BLUETOOTH SETTINGS
  5. Select the HARDWARE TAB
  6. Select the GENERIC BLUETOOTH ADAPTER
  7. Click the PROPERTIES Button
  8. Click the CHANGE SETTINGS button
  9. Select the POWER MANAGEMENT Tab
  10. Uncheck the box that says "Allow the computer to turn off the device to save power"

and OK your way back out.

If the above doesn't work, uninstall the driver for the HID device and tick the box to delete the driver as well.

Good luck.

• 1 year later...

so i had the exactly same problem while playing Fifa 19 on pc. I updated my windows 10 then restored deffult settings on fifa 19 via consol that opens up at the start. It might be about directX settings or using wrong version of directX becuase , only directX and resaolution and fps limit settings changed when i set the setting to deafult. I recmommend you to uninstall driectX and try version 11 or 12