Silverstone RVZ02 Mod to fit 120mm AIO cooler?

Hi, 

I've been following LTT since 2012 but for some reason I never considered to join the forum.

Anyway, my current rig is basically an ASUS ROG strix H270I, i7 7700k, hyperx fury 8bx2 RAM and a Gigabyte GTX1060 3GB VRAM.

I have managed to maintain all these components untouched since Sept 2017, I mean: no major upgrade/repair needed since then. Just a few weeks back after updating my BIOS I noticed that my i7 was running pretty hot (50C idle, 95-100C in BF1 using geforce exp optimized preset), I noticed just because in the past i did not even bother to check.

I thought it could be because of the update, after speaking and showing the system to a co-worker he said it could be because of the lack of air flow in my case (Cooler Master elite 110), he recommended to me to get a small AIO water cooler.

After some browse in  newegg and microcenter I decided to give it a shot with the  Corsair H60 (I know, pretty basic), once installed my temps decreased only 5C... And while gaming the AIO fan is extremely loud (at least louder than my previous Noctua NH-L9). My coworker said that the case is the culprit... because the airflow is pretty limited.

So he sold me his used Raven RVZ02, I like the build quality and everything, however, I had to go back to my Noctua cooler (which is not enough, it seems) and the highest temp that I get is 100C, sometimes 105, which according to Intel is the max allowed... 

I haven't find any way to fit my AIO there, which I am guessing will be "enough"

Does anyone know/suggest any mod that can be done to this case (i spent just 30 bucks, since it was used) so I can fit my corsair H60?

Am I totally screwed and my only option is to downclock my cpu?

Thanks guys, I don't know if I will get any response but I felt better just by typing all my issues and frustration here :)

The first question is can you even fit the H60 inside the case? I see some companies that include AIO's in SFF cases do so by way of really bending the tubes around, but I'm not sure how viable that is with the RVZ02. You can use something like zip ties to pin the heat exchanger to the grill.

18 hours ago, M.Yurizaki said:

The first question is can you even fit the H60 inside the case? I see some companies that include AIO's in SFF cases do so by way of really bending the tubes around, but I'm not sure how viable that is with the RVZ02. You can use something like zip ties to pin the heat exchanger to the grill.

I don't have issues If I have to perforate or cut anything inside the case, as long as I don't break or compromise the structural integrity of the case or risk the components inside I am fine.

Today I will try to fit the AIO first in the case and then will try to put altogether inside, I am calculating that I will loose the dvd slot which is fine for my needs.

Thanks for your response.

Yesterday I did not have any chance to mess with the case, however, spent some time researching and I think my approach will be something like this:

efdca822_DSC_4585.jpeg

d8bd566b_DSC_4587.jpeg

• 2 months later...

I did this exact mod - but flipped the heatsink to be CPU side, allowing the fan (nff12) to pull fresh air from the GPU vent.

Having the fan on the GPU side also allowed for a larger GPU, a Zotac 1070 mini.

The warm air pooling in the CPU chamber is dealt with okay by passive exhaust.

I get idle temps on my i5 4590 of about 30 degrees C at 20% fan.

Full load, at 50% fan (1500rpm), it gets to about 50 degrees C.

P.s. be careful where you cut, I managed to keep both 2.5" bays - I've seen a couple people lose one.

DSC_0126.JPG

5b768f2e3bd27_DSC_0214(1).thumb.JPG.09d20c4a3879e136a8a80178acc6bf89.JPG5b768f30ada33_DSC_0215(1).thumb.JPG.e834f16a33aff14b848e9453c63dd1df.JPG