New to designing Gaming PC's and would love some help

Okay, time for some educating. I would really like some help and recommendations.

I have been out of the home-built PC world for a long time. The last one I built was when I was in Middle School (a little over 12 years ago now) and even when I was "super into it" i didn't really have a budget to work with (I modded my parent's old computer that they donated to me). I learned how to match RAM and the limitations of the motherboard, and what CPU would work with it and then I scrounged around for a graphics card.

But, I was never really in a position to build anything with the raw strength to power through high end games. I was always stuck with Warcraft 2 and Star Wars X-Wing vs. Tie-Fighter. (which were great games btw, especially X-Wing vs. Tie Fighter).

So, I need some education on several things. What should I be looking for with my motherboard and CPU now in 2018. I am looking at building a new PC and making my own tower for it, custom built to my specifications (going to put it into a desk with a glass top so that I can house my PC somewhere other than the floor. And I am going to style it so that it looks beautiful, with water-cooling and RGB, you get the picture. But I don't know what components really to be looking at or considering. I know that Intel just released it's new processor (and it looks like it kicks butt). However, I don't know what motherboards are great currently that can truly harness that CPU. I don't know what to do with Graphics. I use multiple monitors, and would really like a build that could play well with 3, possibly even 4 monitors. (I recently started doing some hobby web design, and found out how beautiful it was to have more display real estate).

So any suggestions would be really great. Especially with opinions about the current graphics card arena, motherboard, CPU. 

This is my goal with this PC: create something that can run any high end game at 60+ fps. Ideally without spending more than $5,000 on parts. But, the goal is performance, not price. I want quality, and you can't have really good quality without shelling out some cash for it.

Anyways, Please let me know!

4K for sure. I am already eyeing a few different options for monitors to buy with the build. However I am not sure on the refresh rate. I was thinking 120hz, but again, I am up for suggestions.

Gaming on 4k over 100Hz is pretty difficult, so that limits you to 1080ti minimum for the graphics side of things. Probably paired with an i7 8700k, z370 motherboard, then minimum 16gb ram.

CPU: AMD Sempron 2400+ / MOBO: Abit NF7-S2G / GPU: WinFast A180BT 64MB / RAM: Mushkin DDR333 256MBx2 / HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM 120GB

12 minutes ago, TechChild said:

So your max budget is $5k? Do you need monitors with the system? Do you do anything besides gaming?

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

1 minute ago, Streetguru said:
14 minutes ago, TechChild said:

So your max budget is $5k? Do you need monitors with the system? Do you do anything besides gaming?

Dude... like I said, the ideal world would be around $5k, but maybe I don't know what is reasonable to accomplish what I want to build? If I need to spend more than that, then so be it. I would like to start working with CAD, and designing 3D objects to be 3d printed and/or machined. So, yeah I will be using it for more than gaming.

The answer to the monitor question: not at the time of the build. I have 2 monitors that run at 1080p right now, and they look great for the time being. Later in the year for my Birthday (in the fall) I will splurge and get myself several 4k monitors.

7 minutes ago, meenmeen1103 said:

Gaming on 4k over 100Hz is pretty difficult, so that limits you to 1080ti minimum for the graphics side of things. Probably paired with an i7 8700k, z370 motherboard, then minimum 16gb ram.

I will check those out.  You said "minimum 16gb ram". Would it be better to go with 32gb? or 64? And what manufacturers would you recommend?

10 minutes ago, TechChild said:

Well how much do you actually want to spend? An R7 1700 should be fine for your CPU needs, but you should try to wait until April 19th for Ryzen 2 and X470 motherboards.

What CAD software do you use? You might want Vega FE for the 16GBs of VRAM for 3D work, and the Pro+Gaming Driver option, and because GPU pricing is insanely stupid right now, it's actually at or below MSRP looks like.

If you want the current best gaming GPU you'll have to shell out $900+ for a 1080ti

If you have a micro center near you, you might be able to get a card at MSRP

Double check benchmarks for Vega FE in the software you use, it'll be the same as Vega 56/64 for the most part as well.

If you have a higher budget grab a 16 core 1950X, because why not.

PCPartPicker part list: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/xF6Yr6
Price breakdown by merchant: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/xF6Yr6/by_merchant/

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 7 1700 3GHz 8-Core Processor  ($279.49 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: Asus - PRIME X370-PRO ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($154.44 @ Newegg)
Memory: G.Skill - Aegis 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  ($152.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Crucial - MX300 525GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive  ($139.00 @ SuperBiiz)
Storage: Seagate - FireCuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Hybrid Internal Hard Drive  ($99.39 @ OutletPC)
Video Card: AMD - Vega Frontier Edition 16GB Frontier Edition Video Card  ($854.98 @ Newegg)
Case: Cooler Master - MasterCase H500P Mesh White ATX Mid Tower Case  ($148.49 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: SeaSonic - FOCUS Plus Gold 850W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($105.97 @ Amazon)
Total: $1934.75
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-03-22 23:52 EDT-0400

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

3 minutes ago, TechChild said:

Dude... like I said, the ideal world would be around $5k, but maybe I don't know what is reasonable to accomplish what I want to build? If I need to spend more than that, then so be it. I would like to start working with CAD, and designing 3D objects to be 3d printed and/or machined. So, yeah I will be using it for more than gaming.

The answer to the monitor question: not at the time of the build. I have 2 monitors that run at 1080p right now, and they look great for the time being. Later in the year for my Birthday (in the fall) I will splurge and get myself several 4k monitors.

I will check those out.  You said "minimum 16gb ram". Would it be better to go with 32gb? or 64? And what manufacturers would you recommend?

Corsair and G.Skill are by far the most popular brands from what I've seen, but the actual ram speed matters more than the brand for performance. I said minimum 16gb because that's the current recommendation for gaming systems, though gaming requires less ram than other productivity workloads so you may need more depending on your cad/designing software/workflow.

CPU: AMD Sempron 2400+ / MOBO: Abit NF7-S2G / GPU: WinFast A180BT 64MB / RAM: Mushkin DDR333 256MBx2 / HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM 120GB

3 minutes ago, Streetguru said:

Mini heart palp when I glanced through and didn't see the word 'mesh' for the case xD