ssd from laptop. what connector?

sigge300

so I have an SSD from an old laptop. and now I try to find out what connector it has. I can't figure it out. can you help me?

20180304_215601.jpg20180304_215606_001.jpg

m sata its like m.2 and sata had a child are you trying to install it 

well I am trying to find some converter to get it to standard SATA. So I can connect it as cache in my NAS and also get out my data from it

Just now, sigge300 said:

well I am trying to find some converter to get it to standard SATA. So I can connect it as cache in my NAS and also get out my data from it

you should be able to find something if you look up msata to sata converter

4 minutes ago, Jaxzzzzz said:

you should be able to find something if you look up msata to sata converter

hum does not seem right to me. none of the converter boards I look up have the right hold down screw.

mSATA can probably be ruled out, since it's meant to be physically the same size as mini-PCIe cards.

M.2 is definitely out for being too long and the pins not matching.

My next thought is it was an SSD from a MacBook Pro that still had removable ones, but the 2012 one doesn't have the same size and has the incorrect number of pins. However, it does have the same characteristic of one side being completely blank.

Next one would be the SSD from the 2013 Mac Pro, which has the right size, but wrong pins. And OP said it came from a laptop.

Then I found out that MacBook Air also used Apple's propreitary SSD connector and I might've found a winner: https://www.ifixit.com/Store/Mac/MacBook-Air-11-Inch-and-13-Inch-Late-2010-Mid-2011-SSD/IF188-103-4

17 minutes ago, M.Yurizaki said:

mSATA can probably be ruled out, since it's meant to be physically the same size as mini-PCIe cards.

M.2 is definitely out for being too long and the pins not matching.

My next thought is it was an SSD from a MacBook Pro that still had removable ones, but the 2012 one doesn't have the same size and has the incorrect number of pins. However, it does have the same characteristic of one side being completely blank.

Next one would be the SSD from the 2013 Mac Pro, which has the right size, but wrong pins. And OP said it came from a laptop.

Then I found out that MacBook Air also used Apple's propreitary SSD connector and I might've found a winner: https://www.ifixit.com/Store/Mac/MacBook-Air-11-Inch-and-13-Inch-Late-2010-Mid-2011-SSD/IF188-103-4

should probably have mentioned it comes from an Asus Ultrabook  

4 minutes ago, sigge300 said:

should probably have mentioned it comes from an Asus Ultrabook  

They still could've used Apple's connector in a non-Apple way. Meaning it's not an industry standard connector.

Anyway, since it's a non-standard connector, you'd have to find an adapter. Which there is one: http://www.microsatacables.com/sata-iii-to-asus-zenbooksandisk-ssd-adapter-with-35-inch-frame-asu-s3-zen-35f

2 minutes ago, M.Yurizaki said:

They still could've used Apple's connector in a non-Apple way. Meaning it's not an industry standard connector.

Anyway, since it's a non-standard connector, you'd have to find an adapter. Which there is one: http://www.microsatacables.com/sata-iii-to-asus-zenbooksandisk-ssd-adapter-with-35-inch-frame-asu-s3-zen-35f

perfect thanks