Help running a jar file

wasab
Go to solution Solved by wasab,

never mind. I fixed the issue. i uninstall the open sourced openjdk and install the proprietary java jdk 9 from oracle. Everything now works out of the box. I am pretty sure the issue is that javaFX and its dependencies libraries are not install by default. I really am not gonna bother install these dependencies for the openjdk when oracle jdk9 packs in everything. 

Hi, I recently switch operating system and wished to run a jar file on it. For some odd reason, the jar ran file on windows and linux mint but when i try it on the new operating system, it give me this error which i dont know why. i never had to specify any class path before on other platforms so i dont know why it isnt able to find the main class here.

the jar is my own program I wrote to encrypt my password files. As you can see here, i am using openjdk 1.8 and the main class file is simply the Main.class

Any help is appreciated.

DeepinScreenshot_select-area_20180219002313.png

Sudo make me a sandwich 

What OS?

Want to know which mobo to get?

Spoiler

Choose whatever you need. Any more, you're wasting your money. Any less, and you don't get the features you need.

Only you know what you need to do with your computer, so nobody's really qualified to answer this question except for you.

chEcK iNsidE sPoilEr fOr a tREat!

14 minutes ago, bob51zhang said:

What OS?

linux, deepin to be more specific.

Sudo make me a sandwich 

I dunno if this is the problem, but can you try recompiling on your Deepin system?

(Also that distro looks sick AF, I need to try it out sometime).

Want to know which mobo to get?

Spoiler

Choose whatever you need. Any more, you're wasting your money. Any less, and you don't get the features you need.

Only you know what you need to do with your computer, so nobody's really qualified to answer this question except for you.

chEcK iNsidE sPoilEr fOr a tREat!

15 hours ago, bob51zhang said:

I dunno if this is the problem, but can you try recompiling on your Deepin system?

(Also that distro looks sick AF, I need to try it out sometime).

But the programs relies on the javaFX library so if I am to recompile I’ll have to install the dependencies and configure it in the IDE all over again. I don’t even remember the steps....

Can I somehow force jvm to use main class or something?

yeah it does look sick. It’s the main reason I install it on the first place. Hehe. The distro tends to babysit you a lot though. It is very user friendly, more so than Mint so a lot of the advanced features are disable by default on the os. One example is the nvidia driver. You cant install it manually from third party. You are forced to use bumblebee from its driver manager which installs proprietary driver by default . The downside is there pretty much nothing you can configure in nvidia setting page. I don’t even know what version of the driver I am running on. 

Edited by wasab
Error: bumblebeed doesnt figure out which cards to use by default. I gotta specify it, minor inconvenience.

Sudo make me a sandwich 

never mind. I fixed the issue. i uninstall the open sourced openjdk and install the proprietary java jdk 9 from oracle. Everything now works out of the box. I am pretty sure the issue is that javaFX and its dependencies libraries are not install by default. I really am not gonna bother install these dependencies for the openjdk when oracle jdk9 packs in everything. 

Sudo make me a sandwich