How to install custom ROMs on Android device

MrPsych

I'm googling and (youtubing?) tutorials on how to root my gs3, I haven't actually done anything yet, but I'm fairly confident that I should be able to do it. I just don't know how to download and install ROMs, I haven't been able to understand peoples' tutorials unfortunately, they just seemed extremely confusing, so I didn't really learn how to do it. Is there something like an app store or something for ROMs or something else?

Umm and also, does anybody want to educate me step-by-step?

"You get all the internets" LOL

If you already have the emulator, try m.coolrom.com You can download from your device. It worked for my Kindle, which is like a dumbed down Android OS, so it should work for yours good :D And they also suggest emulators if you already don't have one.

Download the rom. Transfer it to your phone, Restart your phone into recovery mode, wipe, flash rom, reboot.

If you want to get into more detail ill be glad to. Im busy atm so I can only type for a short while.

My Mobile Devices: HTC Dream (G1) Rooted, HTC Bravo (Desire) Rooted, Samsung Galaxy SII Rooted, Samsung Galaxy Note II Rooted, iPhone 4s Jailbroken, iPad 2 Jailbroken

Go to XDA Developers and find your device, go to the Android development section and they should have threads stickied to help with the rooting process and you can download any of the ROMs from the threads below.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/

XDA is a great site. I think MrPhych has come across it, since he says he has read up on the whole process.

My Mobile Devices: HTC Dream (G1) Rooted, HTC Bravo (Desire) Rooted, Samsung Galaxy SII Rooted, Samsung Galaxy Note II Rooted, iPhone 4s Jailbroken, iPad 2 Jailbroken

1. Find ClockWorkMod for your model # and download it

2. Download whatever flavor of android and Gapps you want to use that is compatible with your phone (search model # with ver of android)

3. Download Odin

4. Put both the Android and Gapps .zip on your phones internal storage (I like to put on my external sd too) and enable usb debugging

5. Put your phone in download mode by booting with power and volume down button

6. Open Odin and connect your phone to the computer it should show up in a yellow box using com port whatever. Click PDA select CWM .tar that you downloaded earlier, uncheck auto reboot and Press Start it should take a bit wait untill it says success.

7. Boot into recovery mode by pressing power and volume up buttons and wipe data/factory reset then wipe cache partition

8. install .zip from sd first android then gapps

9. reboot system now

10. Use Triangle away to remove the ugly yellow triangle at boot

Mein Führer... I CAN WALK !!