Edge not downloading

Edge is deleting every download as it think it is a virus. I have tried downloading things that I know don't have a virus like word documents. I cant download other web browsers for the same reason.

Screenshot (1).png

Download the Chrome installer on another machine and move it to this one via flash drive. Then run it from there without having to go through Edge.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

the problem is I don't have a flash drive and my family don't either. I also cant buy one as I need to solve this problem by tomorrow.

22 minutes ago, ChrisMcNair said:

the problem is I don't have a flash drive and my family don't either. I also cant buy one as I need to solve this problem by tomorrow.

You may follow the steps provided below and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

1. Open Microsoft EDGE.

2. After that click on (…)  option which is visible at top right side of the browser and you will see “Settings” option.

3. Under Settings scroll down and you will see a button “Choose what to clear” under “Clear browsing data” option.

4. Once you click on this option you will see list of feature, Select Cached data and file.

5. Here you need to check the option you want to clear and click “Clear” button.

25 minutes ago, ChrisMcNair said:

Or try downloading Chrome from the Microsoft Store

12 minutes ago, Saieshan Dadi said:

You may follow the steps provided below and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

1. Open Microsoft EDGE.

2. After that click on (…)  option which is visible at top right side of the browser and you will see “Settings” option.

3. Under Settings scroll down and you will see a button “Choose what to clear” under “Clear browsing data” option.

4. Once you click on this option you will see list of feature, Select Cached data and file.

5. Here you need to check the option you want to clear and click “Clear” button.

Doesn't work but thanks anyway