Where is the best place to shop for a laptop battery replacement?

James_McKeane

I need a new battery for my Toshiba Satellite L305-S5915. I don't want to spend a crap ton of money on it (working with around $50-60 dollars US). Simply put, I'm looking for a retailer that isn't a huge ripoff, but also a reliable company thats not going to sell me a re-labeled dead battery, or worse a chincey Chinese knockoff thats gonna burn down my apartment or flash cook my nuts off.

Thanks.

My suggestion is to try Amazon.com, they have something around 4 L305 S5915 battery's left in their stock that are compatible with your laptop. Link for the product; http://www.amazon.com/Compatible-Toshiba-Satellite-L305-S5915-Battery/dp/B0050DRL22

Btw I don't life in North America but in Europe where you have three stores (in my town) that have reserve parts for electronics, so I'm just giving simple advise for you. But you can try amazon out. If you are not comfortable with Amazon then you could ask people like your friends for a a local repair business.

Good luck (^_^)

Watch out, there might be ninjas out there  :ph34r:

• 4 weeks later...

Ebay is a good place too. I bought a battery for a 5 y/o Thinkpad from there. 

Desert Storm PC | Corsair 600T | ASUS Sabertooth 990FX AM3+ | AMD FX-8350 | MSI 7950 TFIII | 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 | Seasonic X650W I Samsung 840 series 500GB SSD

Mobile Devices I ASUS Zenbook UX31E I Nexus 7 (2013) I Nexus 5 32GB (red)

Ebay you will find almost anything.

I would go for Ebay, just make sure you check the seller's feedback!

I would search other sites for a price baseline, but defiantly go with Ebay. As long as the seller has good feedback, and you feel confident with the description, you should be good to go!