WTF is Up With GPU Availability?

c00lFD
3 minutes ago, Max_Settings said:

If the card is new you get a guaranteed manufacturers warranty. 

And if you really are worried about warrneties, get an EVGA card. They are the best when it comes to support and warranties. I’ve literally had their support people tell me to take apart cards to fix them and it wouldn’t void the warranty. No one else does that. Plus all their support people are in the U.S. Everoyne else you are talking to Indian people.

Just now, Max_Settings said:

And if you really are worried about warrneties, get an EVGA card. They are the best when it comes to support and warranties. I’ve literally had their support people tell me to take apart cards to fix them and it wouldn’t void the warranty. No one else does that. Plus all their support people are in the U.S. Everoyne else you are talking to Indian people.

wow thats realy nice newer had that kind of experience

2 minutes ago, Max_Settings said:

Thanks, I'll just end up going to Fry's and get something there, preferably evga. Thanks for the help.

Just now, c00lFD said:

Thanks, I'll just end up going to Fry's and get something there, preferably evga. Thanks for the help.

wow i just found out that newegg is now delivering to my location omg xD

Just now, NytroN32D said:

wow i just found out that newegg is now delivering to my location omg xD

What's so special about your location that newegg won't deliver?

Just now, c00lFD said:

What's so special about your location that newegg won't deliver?

last time i was browsing their site they had no delivery options to my countr at all

Just now, NytroN32D said:

last time i was browsing their site they had no delivery options to my countr at all

That kinda sucks then

Just now, Crunchy Dragon said:

To put it simply, cryptocurrency mining.

You came a bit too late to the party 

1 minute ago, c00lFD said:

You came a bit too late to the party 

Oh, half an hour. It's not like I posted this a week after the original post.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

Just now, Crunchy Dragon said:

Oh, half an hour. It's not like I posted this a week after the original post.

Thanks for telling me though

9 hours ago, c00lFD said:

What the f*ck is happening with GPU pricing and availability? I have to get a new GPU soon, in less than a week, and I'm afraid that there won't be one available, and I'll be without a GPU! I'm looking for a GTX 1070 or 1070ti. Does anyone know why it's all screwed, and where to look for cards?

I just bought a EVGA 1080 Ti FTW3 to replace my Brand new PNY 1080 Ti which I’ll be selling at a discount. Short story is I custom ordered a rig and they put a graphics card I didn’t like in it, probably due to scarcity of GPUs. Anyways, I will have all original cables and documents and could potentially ship it in the EVGA box. It’ll be probably a hundred dollars or best offer under the MSRP. If by the weekend you still haven’t found anything let me know via private message and we can try and work something out!

EDIT: my new computer with the PNY card arrives today and I can take pics for you to prove it works. The EVGA should arrive tomorrow or Wednesday. 

Edited by nkesport

I suggest you to wait slightly and if possible borrow GPU of some of your friends. I bought 1080 Strix 4 weeks ago on Amazon while the cost was - 529$, the price changed rapidly to 579$ and now it is above 600$. This might be due to holidays such as Christmas, New Year and etc. because of logical reasons. After a month the demand will lower and the price will be normal.