cpu temps i7 7700k and spikes. stock or after market thermal paste?

verked

Hello everyone so yesterday i swapped my h60 cooler for a deepcool captain 240ex and before swapping from the h60 the temps idle were 45-50 while idleing,70c while gaming under 19% load. Now with the deepcool they idle around 38-45 and 50-62c while gaming but, when doing such little things like clicking a page they spike up to 55-60. When im streaming a movie they spike up to 75c and stay there till i close the page.Im using the stock thermal paste and wondering if i should order artic silver 5 ? would it make a difference ?

SPECS:

cpu; I7 7700K default clock speed 

gpu: gerforce gtx 1080 8gb default clock speed 

memory; 16 gb 3200 mhz 

storage: 1 tb ssd 

psu: corsair cx650m 

mobo:msi z270 m5 

cpu cooler: deepcool captain 240ex with noctua nf14 

case fans : bequiet! silent wings 3 

More like you need to adjust fan curves and pumps "rpm". Temps aren't issue, its just about how cooler reacts to you running more tasks or more demanding tasks.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Just now, LoGiCalDrm said:

More like you need to adjust fan curves and pumps "rpm". Temps aren't issue, its just about how cooler reacts to you running more tasks or more demanding tasks.

i have the fans on my radiator are 70% and mt case fans are on smart mode , The main problem is i plan on streaming soon and if my temps are like this now with min use  im worried to see what it would be like when i do stream with multiple programs open.

6 minutes ago, verked said:

i have the fans on my radiator are 70% and mt case fans are on smart mode , The main problem is i plan on streaming soon and if my temps are like this now with min use  im worried to see what it would be like when i do stream with multiple programs open.

Run stress test and see what the worst case scenario is. Also, if you aren't OC'ing, you should set voltages to manual (if you OC, this is what you do by default). Something like 1.15V should be enough.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

33 minutes ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

Run stress test and see what the worst case scenario is. Also, if you aren't OC'ing, you should set voltages to manual (if you OC, this is what you do by default). Something like 1.15V should be enough.

alright man thanks my cpu capped off at 70c on full load but my pc fans got extremely loud it scared me a bit lol

37 minutes ago, verked said:

alright man thanks my cpu capped off at 70c on full load but my pc fans got extremely loud it scared me a bit lol

70C is normal, and actually pretty good full load temp for that CPU. You have 15C headroom. So you can limit fans a bit it needed.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv