fire in palm vfx. Is it possible without after affects

Legolessed

So i dont have after affects and I use davinchi resolve for all my editing. One thing thow, is there a way to make masks in davinchi resolve and put a tracker on like my hand? Or is there a way to remove the background from an image simply? Im trying to put fire in my hand and i have a video with a sold black background but i dont know hot to do it in resolve. Or if i cant do it there is there a free program that I can do it in? thanks!

You can make masks in DaVinci Resolve, as for the Tracker I'm not sure but I think it does have one.  Refer to the manual.  If it's a solid black background (well almost any color will do), you can key it or composite it out.

That is not dead which can eternal lie.  And with strange aeons even death may die. - The Call of Cthulhu

A university is not a "safe space". If you need a safe space, leave, go home, hug your teddy & suck your thumb until ready for university.  - Richard Dawkins

• 1 month later...

you can take a video of a fire with a transparent background and just follow the movement of your hand