I can't find a category for this where would it go

I don't know wat category this would go under or if it follows the forum rules so I'm going to ask all of you before posting the idea I have. It's for a charity that will instead of giving the money to a lab for them to use because most of the donation's aren't substantial enough for a large expense the lab needs and will probably be used for office supplies and lab cleaning stuff and small things like glass ware and stuff that breaks or wares out a lot and needs replacing all the time but is relatively inexpensive compared to other things they need. So this charity builds servers with the money and uses the folding@home tool to allow the donations to benefit the research for years after the initial payment and let's people who can't afford to build or don't have a computer power enough to benefit the folding@home network still add to the simulation speed. I currently don't know if there's a category for me to talk more about it and provide a way to donate or if saying more and posting a link would get me banned. Please don't ban me for this I'm not currently posting a link to it or talking about it's name or asking anyone to donate to it I'm just asking if doing those things for this charity would get me banned and if there's a category for this.

I'll take a comma for $5 please. 

There's a F@H/Boinc/Mining subforum where this would be best placed. It's near the bottom though, so It's not surprising if you missed it. https://linustechtips.com/main/forum/37-foldinghome-boinc-and-coin-mining/

AFAIK, there are no clear rules on promoting a charity. You'd probably be best off messaging a moderator beforehand to see what they say about it. There's a list of them here: https://linustechtips.com/main/staff/

11 minutes ago, Oshino Shinobu said:

I'll take a comma for $5 please. 

There's a F@H/Boinc/Mining subforum where this would be best placed. It's near the bottom though, so It's not surprising if you missed it. https://linustechtips.com/main/forum/37-foldinghome-boinc-and-coin-mining/

AFAIK, there are no clear rules on promoting a charity. You'd probably be best off messaging a moderator beforehand to see what they say about it. There's a list of them here: https://linustechtips.com/main/staff/

I saw the folding@home category but I'm more concerned with the forum rules and that it might not fully fall into that category. 

we've allowed charitable discussions and participation in the early years, but doing so revealed a lot of scammish endeavors. so to curtail any damages to the reputations of the forums and the LMG group we've disallowed this as a topic/subject to prevent in the forums from our older Code of Conduct script:

Unfortunately no fundraisers or charities - We've had a few scams already that ruined this.

9 minutes ago, airdeano said:

we've allowed charitable discussions and participation in the early years, but doing so revealed a lot of scammish endeavors. so to curtail any damages to the reputations of the forums and the LMG group we've disallowed this as a topic/subject to prevent in the forums from our older Code of Conduct script:

Unfortunately no fundraisers or charities - We've had a few scams already that ruined this.

That's really unfortunate that people would take wats meant for those who need it and keep it for there own use. Those people deserve there money back and to have the thief forced to donate the amount he stole in the names of those they stole from because that money should be used by those who need it more.