NF-A14 INDUSTRIALPPC-3000 PWM

mrmonmon2

To mod two of these onto a gpu(gtx 770 windforce), would it be overkill? 

Alternate use would be on a h115i that i intend to use for green modding my Next gpu

Currious as its only a little bit more Canadian yen more than the NF-A14 PWM

Which would be the other one I'd go with(maybe the chromax version) 

It would be overkill plus I think 120mm might fit better. Unless you plan on overclocking the snot out of it their wouldn't be to much of a point. If temps are high maybe try new thermal paste first as it's an older card might need some new paste.

R7 2700x (4.3ghz), Gtx Titan Xp Galactic Empire (Watercooled), 2x8 Gskill Trident 3200mhz, Asus Crosshair VII Hero Wifi, Corsair 900D, SAMSUNG 960 PRO M.2 256gb, Samsung 850 evo 500gb, 4x3tb 7200rpm Segate Barracudas in Raid 10 EKWB Custom Loop, Corsair AX1500i Power supply

7 minutes ago, SwingLifeAway92 said:

It would be overkill plus I think 120mm might fit better. Unless you plan on overclocking the snot out of it their wouldn't be to much of a point. If temps are high maybe try new thermal paste first as it's an older card might need some new paste.

It's mostly for fun, agreed the 120s might be better for the card, but i would like them to be usable on the rad afterwards(280), but the main question is do i go for the extra 1500 rpms of possibility for another 12$? Actually a little more as the regs are on sale on Amazon but besides the point, it has a 5x higher static pressure and just under double max cfm, but i just wonder if it's worth it or if anyone has experience with this. 

Got some arctic 5 for replacing all the pastes too anyway, i was going to do that when i mod the card

I mean I'll be honest I own 7 noctua fans in my pc 4 of which are the industrial variants and you never want to use those higher ones really since no matter how nice the fan when they hit 2000 rpm or higher they all sound like a blowdryer. Just go with the 2k no point in making your pc sound like it's about to start floating. xD

R7 2700x (4.3ghz), Gtx Titan Xp Galactic Empire (Watercooled), 2x8 Gskill Trident 3200mhz, Asus Crosshair VII Hero Wifi, Corsair 900D, SAMSUNG 960 PRO M.2 256gb, Samsung 850 evo 500gb, 4x3tb 7200rpm Segate Barracudas in Raid 10 EKWB Custom Loop, Corsair AX1500i Power supply

5 minutes ago, SwingLifeAway92 said:

I mean I'll be honest I own 7 noctua fans in my pc 4 of which are the industrial variants and you never want to use those higher ones really since no matter how nice the fan when they hit 2000 rpm or higher they all sound like a blowdryer. Just go with the 2k no point in making your pc sound like it's about to start floating. xD

Well 140s are 1500 max, might get industrial 120s for the gpu as only 5$ more ? thanks for the heads up, thats what I wanted to know, they are gonna be better than the stock corsair aio fans... 

Oh they'll be a million times better and you'll hardly be able to hear them 

13 minutes ago, SwingLifeAway92 said:

Oh they'll be a million times better and you'll hardly be able to hear them 

Noctua NF-A14 industrialPPC-2000 PWM Fan (140x140x25mm 4-pin PWM, 2000rpm max., IP52) https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B00KESSUDW/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_GSL6zbX16XKEB

If you have experience with this one stop me if im making a mistake by getting these over the standard set 140d @1500 rpm

1 hour ago, mrmonmon2 said:

Noctua NF-A14 industrialPPC-2000 PWM Fan (140x140x25mm 4-pin PWM, 2000rpm max., IP52) https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B00KESSUDW/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_GSL6zbX16XKEB

If you have experience with this one stop me if im making a mistake by getting these over the standard set 140d @1500 rpm

You'd cover less than half of the heatsink with the second 140mm. A pair of 120mm's or three 92mm's would be better. That being said, the windforce heatsink isn't that good for using standard case fans for and NF-A14's will suffer more from this than NF-F12's due to the difference in static pressure. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

2 hours ago, WoodenMarker said:

You'd cover less than half of the heatsink with the second 140mm. A pair of 120mm's or three 92mm's would be better. That being said, the windforce heatsink isn't that good for using standard case fans for and NF-A14's will suffer more from this than NF-F12's due to the difference in static pressure. 

whelp i got the NF-A14's which ill throw on my rad to replace the loud ass corsair ones(honestly got the industrial as the cromax weren't available) but as for the fan modding of the windforce, the card is only 292 mm long and 129 wide, so the 140s would actually cover more than 2 120s to think of it, but going for the industrial ones specifically due to their static pressure so it will function better for the heatsink. i'll probably get 2x120 for the card though after i try it out with 2 spare 120 heat sink fans i didn't know i had.

also edit from the noctua page

120x120x25
         1500rpm     

m^3/h       2,61
  mm h2o       4-pin PWM

140x140x25         
2000rpm

182,5m^3/h    
4,18 mm h2o
4-pin PWM

27 minutes ago, mrmonmon2 said:

whelp i got the NF-A14's which ill throw on my rad to replace the loud ass corsair ones(honestly got the industrial as the cromax weren't available) but as for the fan modding of the windforce, the card is only 292 mm long and 129 wide, so the 140s would actually cover more than 2 120s

That's the entire card. The heatsink itself is only 95mm wide. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

2 minutes ago, WoodenMarker said:

That's the entire card. The heatsink itself is only 95mm wide. 

We're going to have some shits and giggles with this card today going to link the thread once i start, oh boy this will be sketch 

7 minutes ago, mrmonmon2 said:

We're going to have some shits and giggles with this card today going to link the thread once i start, oh boy this will be sketch 

have you seen the results of modding your card to aftermarket cooled? 

"Make it future proof for some years at least, don't buy "only slightly better" stuff that gets outdated 1 year, that's throwing money away" @pipoawas

-Frequencies DON'T represent everything and in many cases that is true (referring to Individual CPU Clocks).

Mention me if you want to summon me sooner or later

Spoiler

My head on 2019 :

Note 10, S10, Samsung becomes Apple, Zen 2, 3700X, Renegade X lol

1 minute ago, Ordinarily_Greater said:

have you seen the results of modding your card to aftermarket cooled? 

Yea I've seen said video, this is kinda just for fun, i was going to originally try it with 2 140s for fun then put said fans on my rad, was going to actually get 2 120s just for the card. Too expensive since im going to be getting a 144hz 1440 g sync monitor, 70 on fans is fine but spending 140 on them is a bit much, so, with random fans i have, including one of the corsair 140s from my rad cause why not, need to pull the cooler off to change the thermal paste so why not have some fun

9 minutes ago, Ordinarily_Greater said:

-snip-

27 minutes ago, WoodenMarker said:

-snip-

if you two would like to follow

1 minute ago, mrmonmon2 said:

if you two would like to follow

wow, i guess the oem case fans i have can be the victim to be the test subject

"Make it future proof for some years at least, don't buy "only slightly better" stuff that gets outdated 1 year, that's throwing money away" @pipoawas

-Frequencies DON'T represent everything and in many cases that is true (referring to Individual CPU Clocks).

Mention me if you want to summon me sooner or later

Spoiler

My head on 2019 :

Note 10, S10, Samsung becomes Apple, Zen 2, 3700X, Renegade X lol

4 hours ago, Ordinarily_Greater said:

wow, i guess the oem case fans i have can be the victim to be the test subject

Do recommend, room hot af, silent gets you 70 tops, full speed on this corsair fan gets 60 tops in bf4, quite fun. Idles 26-28,much quieter for the same temps