Magnetic Cordless Screwdriver

Kongolo

Hi guys

I am looking for a magnetic cordless screwdriver for PC repairs (and other electronics) and other around the house maintenance.. any suggestion would be much appreciated    :D

Edited by Kongolo
spelling

Ryobi or Black & Decker 4v screwdrivers/guns + magnetic shafts.

My Ryobi 4v produces less torque than I can with a straight handle phillips, so it's pretty safe for PC repair/build work.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

1 hour ago, Kongolo said:

Hi guys

I am looking for a magnetic cordless screwdriver for PC repairs (and other electronics) and other around the house maintenance.. any suggestion would be much appreciated    :D

I have an 8V dewalt and it works great 

Any and just make sure heads are magnetized.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Just now, LoGiCalDrm said:

Any and just make sure heads are magnetized.

yeah.. after some research there is no "out the box" magnetic cordless screwdriver it seems, so next best option is to get a cordless screwdriver + a magnetized bits

Thx everyone  (^.^)mb

Just now, Kongolo said:

yeah.. after some research there is no "out the box" magnetic cordless screwdriver it seems, so next best option is to get a cordless screwdriver + a magnetized bits

Thx everyone  (^.^)mb

There's logically no way magnetization would carry from machine part to bit part. Unless machine used electromagnet. Which would be dangerous for electronics.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

2 hours ago, Kongolo said:

Yeah... After some research there is no "out of the box" magnetic cordless screwdriver it seems, so next best option is to get a cordless screwdriver + a magnetized bit set.
Thanks everyone  (^.^)

Or you could get a magnetic bitholder to stick in it, like a Wera Rapidaptor or something along those lines.

2 hours ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

There's logically no way magnetization would carry from machine part to bit part. Unless machine used electromagnet. Which would be dangerous for electronics.

If you mean a magnetic bitholder can't make the bits magnetic, that's incorrect. If you don't mean that, then I don't understand what you're saying.

"Do as I say, not as I do."

-Because you actually care if it makes sense.

14 minutes ago, Dash Lambda said:

Or you could get a magnetic bitholder to stick in it, like a Wera Rapidaptor or something along those lines.

If you mean a magnetic bitholder can't make the bits magnetic, that's incorrect. If you don't mean that, then I don't understand what you're saying.

I didn't know such existed. But just by looking at Rapidaptor product video, bits aren't actually magnetized. Its the adaptor itself which is magnetic and holds screw while bits are deeping inside to allow magnetic locking. I would be interested to see magnet which can make non-magnetic metal a magnet too.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

50 minutes ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

I didn't know such existed. But just by looking at Rapidaptor product video, bits aren't actually magnetized. Its the adaptor itself which is magnetic and holds screw while bits are deeping inside to allow magnetic locking. I would be interested to see magnet which can make non-magnetic metal a magnet too.

There are a few kinds of Rapidaptors, I think you found the one with the ring magnet. There's also this kind.

But the bits do get magnetized. Most multi-bit screwdrivers hold the bit in with a magnet, and steel generally acts as a temporary magnet when exposed to a strong magnetic field, making bits effectively magnetic when used in a magnetic bitholder. Additionally, if the bitholder is strong enough, it will over time make the bit a permanent magnet, but usually that's not noticeable.

The Rapidaptor is a mechanical bitholder, but it still has a magnet for that purpose.

"Do as I say, not as I do."

-Because you actually care if it makes sense.