CPU Cooler / Case Measures

Sartaknight

Guys I wanna buy a CPU Cooler (supposedly 159cm) and my case, the Phanteks Eclipse P400, has 160cm clearance for a CPU Cooler, according to the specs online. My question is, will it fit? Are there any measurements these two numbers dont take into account?

Just now, Valkyrie Lenneth said:

if u wanna bend ur sidepanel then it probably will fit xD

Umm no thanks. For real, will there be a gap of 1mm between both or what?

3 minutes ago, Sartaknight said:

Umm no thanks. For real, will there be a gap of 1mm between both or what?

the sidepanels are in most cases made of metal, u can slightly bend it to make it fit but yeah there must be a lil dent ( plexiglass usually has a tiny flex that could make it a tight fit ) however not recommended if u prefer looks :D ( it will need 1mm of extra space thus need a bend in the sidepanel to close it probably :v ), eventhough a 1mm bend would be minor ud still have to slide in the panel so u might need to bend it like 2-3mm, once again if u prefer looks then dont do it, if u dont care about looks u could mash it in :v

its either going to JUST FIT, or a tiny bend   id say it would fit but expect to need a tiny bend to close ur case xD

(◑‿◐)

the sidepanels are in most cases made of metal, u can slightly bend it to make it fit but yeah there must be a lil dent ( plexiglass usually has a tiny flex that could make it a tight fit ) however not recommended if u prefer looks :D ( it will need 1mm of extra space thus need a bend in the sidepanel to close it probably :v )

Hmm, is a 159mm cooler too much? Or is that a regular height for a rad

1 minute ago, Sartaknight said:

Hmm, is a 159mm cooler too much? Or is that a regular height for a rad

its a 50/50,. if ur lucky it will fit without bending, but u need to take motherboard thickness in consideration and thermal paste aswell xD

(◑‿◐)

its a 50/50,. if ur lucky it will fit without bending, but u need to take motherboard thickness in consideration and thermal paste aswell xD

Hmm okay, thanks for your help :P

7 minutes ago, Sartaknight said:

Hmm okay, thanks for your help :P

You should be fine, I give you an 85/100 it will fit.

Want to custom loop?  Ask me more if you are curious

It'll fit fine. CPU Cooler clearance is usually overestimated on the cooler end and underestimated for the case. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.