Cooling for graphics possibly?

WhiteWulfe

EVGA - GeForce GTX 1080 8GB Superclocked Gaming ACX 3.0 Video Card

That's the video card I'm now looking at. I was going to get a 1080ti but once again changed my mind and realized that I won't really utilize a 1080ti anyways, because I plan on gaming at 1440p at 144 mhz. More competitive games ill simply tweak a few things if I have to. Not a big deal. I'd rather spend the extra money saved getting a 1080 instead on a 1440p monitor. 4k is not my thing. What so u guys think, and should I liquid cool this thing? Its already tweaked out of the box and I will not be pushing the video card any further than what it is tweaked out of box that if that helps?

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/NPfWhq

Thats the entire build and the case I've read comes with 5 120mm fans installed as well, so didn't think was a bad deal for a full tower case. Might change the RAM around as well since people keep recommending the vengeance set. 

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

There's no point to watercooling it if you're not going to push it. Not to mention, water cooling is not a budget project.

1 hour ago, LyondellBasell said:

There's no point to watercooling it if you're not going to push it. Not to mention, water cooling is not a budget project.

Okay so should be good then if its clock speed is higher than the base 1080? I didn't know for sure. I wanted because the speeds were higher and for under 50 bucks more so thought was a decent deal. Just didn't know if it having higher out of box speeds than the base model would mean it would overheat or something

As far as I know it's got a pretty capable coller anyways. If you wanna go for silence/some good overclocks considering might be worth it, but if so I'd take a look at something like EK's new aluminium kits. 

Make sure to tag and/or quote people so they get notified... :P:D 

My gear:

Ryzen 7 2700X / Gigabyte GA-X370M-Gaming 3 / R9 380 Nitro 4GB/ 16GB DDR4 2133 / 225GB OCZ Trion 100 / 3TB of hard drive storage
                                                                                                     AOC C24G1 / BenQ GW2270H(rarely overclocked to 87Hz :P )
                                                                               Razer Blackwidow / Redragon Kumara / Logitech G Pro Wiress / Sennheiser HD 559

Microsoft LifeCam Studio / Tonor BM700 microphone

Panasonic Lumix DC-FZ82 / Canon EOS 80D

#PCMasterrace

2 hours ago, WhiteWulfe said:

Okay so should be good then if its clock speed is higher than the base 1080? I didn't know for sure. I wanted because the speeds were higher and for under 50 bucks more so thought was a decent deal. Just didn't know if it having higher out of box speeds than the base model would mean it would overheat or something

The cooler it ships with is designed to handle the clock speeds it ships with, you'll be just fine. As Jonas said, the only reason you would ever need to switch to a WC setup is if you want to remove the fan noise or push it way past the limits it's sold with.