New gaming rig

This will be my first new build since 2010 when I got hone from Iraq. That computer was taken last year in Louisiana floods 3 days after I bought my home. So what kind of starts are best to look for in gaming rig. Atm what in looking at is the following:

Cpu: threadripper 1900x cause I want clock not all those cores. Do I really need more then 8?

Box: thermaltake p7

Psu: looking at thermaltake or corsair Idk which yet probably a titanium or platinum and 1000w min

Gpu: vega nova if it ever releases Idk if their is a release date atm tell me if you heard of one.

Monitors: prob one ultra wide 30"+ and two 24" that will be inverted on sides lookong at samung and LG

Motherboard: zenith extreme x399

Ram: stuck on this either dominator 64 (4x16) and add 64 more later as upgrade or vengeance led

Storage: 2 x m.2 probably Samsung 512gb

Liquid cooling from ekwb

I was looking at this primarily for gaming so I was looking at over clocking cpu. I'm also stuck on with as much ram as ill have do i need to put a liquid cooling block on it? Same question for m.2. I'm also making it upgradeable I.e. only using half the dimm slots to double ram later as well as add another gpu or 2 was gonna start with only 1 maybe 2. Also putting the 1900x threadripper in now and maybe later upgrading to a 1950 but not sure if ill ever do that cause for gameing I feel I wont use the cores and the base clock speed is lower.

Thoughts?

That CPU isn't for gaming, its for workstations. Get a 1700 or 7700k. Get 16gb of ram, vega also isn't meant for gaming, so get yourself a 1080 or 1080ti.

Ion (Main Build)                                                                                        Overall Setup

i5 6500 3.2 GHz                                                                     -Blue snowball (White) thanks goodwill

MSI Mortar Arctic                                                                   -Logitech K120

Asus 1060 6GB Dual                                                             -Logitech Daedalus Prime G302

PNY CS1311 120 GB                                                            -Mousepad I made in 1st grade with my name on it                                                 

WD Caviar Blue 1 TB                                                              

Crucial Ballistix Sport LT White 16GB (8x2GB) 2400

NZXT S340 White

Corsair CXM 450W 

Lenovo H320 (Old Pre-built PC)                                      Possible upgrade for H320          

i5 650 3.2 GHz (heh)                                                                                    Xeon X3470

Motherboard unknown                                                       Same Motherboard

iGPU                                                                                   GT 1030 (MSI Low Profile Half Height)

Crucial 240GB SSD                                                           Crucial 240GB SSD

6GB DDR3 (4+2GB)                                                           8-10GB DDR3 (4+2+2GB/4+4+2GB)

Lenovo H320 case                                                             Lenovo H320 case

Unknown PSU (210W?)                                                     Same PSU (210W?)    

Thats what I was originally gonna do but I'm afraid that stuff will be obsolete too quick. I wish amd and intel would have a war over gaming designed gpu's and cpu's lol

Just now, Elevenbgrunt said:

Thats what I was originally gonna do but I'm afraid that stuff will be obsolete too quick. I wish amd and intel would have a war over gaming designed gpu's and cpu's lol

The CPU will never be good for gaming, games just cant use those cores, games prefer low core count and high GHz, not the opposite. If you want to get AMD get a 1700. Also quote me so I can see the reply :P

Ion (Main Build)                                                                                        Overall Setup

i5 6500 3.2 GHz                                                                     -Blue snowball (White) thanks goodwill

MSI Mortar Arctic                                                                   -Logitech K120

Asus 1060 6GB Dual                                                             -Logitech Daedalus Prime G302

PNY CS1311 120 GB                                                            -Mousepad I made in 1st grade with my name on it                                                 

WD Caviar Blue 1 TB                                                              

NZXT S340 White

Corsair CXM 450W 

Lenovo H320 (Old Pre-built PC)                                      Possible upgrade for H320          

i5 650 3.2 GHz (heh)                                                                                    Xeon X3470

Motherboard unknown                                                       Same Motherboard

iGPU                                                                                   GT 1030 (MSI Low Profile Half Height)

Crucial 240GB SSD                                                           Crucial 240GB SSD

6GB DDR3 (4+2GB)                                                           8-10GB DDR3 (4+2+2GB/4+4+2GB)

Lenovo H320 case                                                             Lenovo H320 case

Unknown PSU (210W?)                                                     Same PSU (210W?)    

3 minutes ago, QuantumBit said:

The CPU will never be good for gaming, games just cant use those cores, games prefer low core count and high GHz, not the opposite. If you want to get AMD get a 1700. Also quote me so I can see the reply :P

Ive always been partial to amd but with that generation of cpus it looks like intel 7700k was better and with the 1080 ti which is what I was gonna build b4 I heard about threadripper and vega and although it wasn't tailored to gaming I figured it could still get the job done be then the older gen could. Or is that wrong?

1 minute ago, Elevenbgrunt said:

Ive always been partial to amd but with that generation of cpus it looks like intel 7700k was better and with the 1080 ti which is what I was gonna build b4 I heard about threadripper and vega and although it wasn't tailored to gaming I figured it could still get the job done be then the older gen could. Or is that wrong?

Its a really bad idea to buy thread + vega or either for gaming. Get a 7700k or 1700 + 1080ti for gaming.

WD Caviar Blue 1 TB                                                              

NZXT S340 White

Corsair CXM 450W 

Th think ill go 7700k with 1080ti it will probably also drop cost with new stuff out the last gen will prob drop in price a lil

4 minutes ago, QuantumBit said:

Its a really bad idea to buy thread + vega or either for gaming. Get a 7700k or 1700 + 1080ti for gaming.

1 minute ago, Elevenbgrunt said:

Th think ill go 7700k with 1080ti it will probably also drop cost with new stuff out the last gen will prob drop in price a lil

make sure to get 16gb of ram, 64gb wont be useful.

WD Caviar Blue 1 TB                                                              

NZXT S340 White

Corsair CXM 450W 

6 minutes ago, QuantumBit said:

make sure to get 16gb of ram, 64gb wont be useful.

So 16 gb and higher clock? Or lower cas latency?

1 hour ago, Elevenbgrunt said:

So 16 gb and higher clock? Or lower cas latency?

If you're going for the 1700, get 3000 mHz+ ram, if you're going for intel just go with 2400+

WD Caviar Blue 1 TB                                                              

NZXT S340 White

Corsair CXM 450W 

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/Ry8ZYr Here, you probably wont get MUCH of a difference with a custom loop, stick with the stock fan and you'll get a decent OC.

WD Caviar Blue 1 TB                                                              

NZXT S340 White

Corsair CXM 450W 

11 minutes ago, QuantumBit said:

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/Ry8ZYr Here, you probably wont get MUCH of a difference with a custom loop, stick with the stock fan and you'll get a decent OC.

I was thinking 7700k with 2x 1080 ti thermaltake p7 with asus maximus 9 extreme 2 x m.2 500 gb ssd and 16 gb (4 x 4 gb) 3200 dominator platinum and a 1200 watt psu with custom loops 1 one cpu and mobo and one for the gpus trying to decide if I want to delid cpu since its a 7700k and I hear it drops temp when oc by 30 deg