What's wrong with this monitor? AOC AGON 24" LED FreeSync AG241QX

zindan

Does anyone know any alternative 24 inch 2k 144hz monitors besides this one? Is this a good one to play cs and mmos with? 

AOC AGON 24" LED FreeSync AG241QX

What do you mean by 2k? 1440p or 1080p? 

There's nothing "wrong" with that monitor as such, but its only a TN panel so the colours and viewing angles won't be too great.

PC - CPU Ryzen 5 1600 - GPU Power Color Radeon 5700XT- Motherboard Gigabyte GA-AB350 Gaming - RAM 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB - Storage 525GB Crucial MX300 SSD + 120GB Kingston SSD   PSU Corsair CX750M - Cooling Stock - Case White NZXT S340

Peripherals - Mouse Logitech G502 Wireless - Keyboard Logitech G915 TKL  Headset Razer Kraken Pro V2's - Displays 2x Acer 24" GF246(1080p, 75hz, Freesync) Steering Wheel & Pedals Logitech G29 & Shifter

Just now, RKRiley said:

What do you mean by 2k? 1440p or 1080p? 

There's nothing "wrong" with that monitor as such, but its only a TN panel so the colours and viewing angles won't be too great.

Well I need fast response times.. ips is so slow. I dont care about angles I am not gonna look at the screen from the side. 1440p. So ips has better colors overall ? damn wtf

I also looked at that monitor, I think someone said that it isn't always stable at 144hz but I don't know if that is true. it is pretty much the cheapest 1440p 144hz monitor that I can find so I don't expect the quality to be top of the line.

4 hours ago, zindan said:

Well I need fast response times.. ips is so slow. I dont care about angles I am not gonna look at the screen from the side. 1440p. So ips has better colors overall ? damn wtf

Most IPS monitors today are very fast, most are around 5 ms, even the slower ones are usually not more than 8 ms.

As for viewing angles, you're always looking at the screen at an angle, even if you're positioned right in front of it.

large.59908596e0a6c_ViewingAngles.png.5d

23 minutes ago, Glenwing said:

Most IPS monitors today are very fast, most are around 5 ms, even the slower ones are usually not more than 8 ms.

As for viewing angles, you're always looking at the screen at an angle, even if you're positioned right in front of it.

large.59908596e0a6c_ViewingAngles.png.5d

Will the average gamer be able to notice the difference between 5ms and 1ms? What matters more, input lag or response time?

Night Fury 2.0:

Spoiler

Intel Core i5-6500 / Cryorig H7 / Gigabyte GA-H170-D3H / Corsair Vengeance LPX 8GB DDR4 @ 2133MHz / EVGA GTX 1070 SC / Fractal Design Define R5 / Adata SP550 240GB / WD Blue 500GB / WD Blue 1TB / EVGA 750GQ 

Daily Drivers:

Spoiler

Google Pixel XL 128GB / Jaybird Bluebuds X3 / Logitech MX Master / Sennheiser HD 598 /