PC wont boot

Last night I switched my PC off like I normally would and went to bed a little earlier than normal.

I have gone to switch the system on this morning and noticed instantly that the 3 case fans were not spinning and their leds were not lit. The cpu cooler had both fans spinning and all leds working, same goes for the gpu  and the psu fan was also working.

A few months ago when I moved the gpu came loose in transit so this was the first thing i checked but all connections were correctly made. I then turned my attention to the cmos battery that sits underneath my gpu, removed this for a short while and then reinserted. I booted again this time with all fans functioning and got to the bios which I exited without any changes. I found myself at the windows login screen.

A success then, I did a quick clean to remove the build up of dust and then put the system back together completely. However when I booted again the same problem occured and repeating the cmos process did nothing. I then checked every cable and component was correctly in place, removed the gpu to check if it would boot using the boards hdmi port but no success. 

Any ideas or help would be greatly appreciated.

check the PSU power switch, ive accidently forgot to turn it back on and given myself a heart attack multiple times

Power switch is on and I am getting power to the board and all components

Just now, stefanDB said:

replace the Cmos battery

Will any battery that size work?

Just now, nukacola71 said:

Will any battery that

what? I'm sorry but I don't understand what you are trying to say

7 minutes ago, stefanDB said:

what? I'm sorry but I don't understand what you are trying to say

Just now, nukacola71 said:

Sorry, it cut off the rest of my post. Will any battery that size work?

2 minutes ago, nukacola71 said:

Sorry, it cut off the rest of my post. Will any battery that size work?

I think so, just make sure it is the same voltage, that should be written on the battery itself

23 hours ago, stefanDB said:

I think so, just make sure it is the same voltage, that should be written on the battery itself

Hello again, 

I replaced the cmos earlier however it still wont boot. The fans work correctly now however there are no post beeps and the led near the cpu is now showing zeros (see attached)

IMG_20170805_122558.jpg

Edited by nukacola71

5 hours ago, nukacola71 said:

Hello again, 

I replaced the cmos earlier however it still wont boot. The fans work correctly now however there are no post beeps and the led near the cpu is now showing zeros (see attached)

IMG_20170805_122558.jpg

look up your motherboard manual or the website of your motherboard's manufacturer to see if 00 is an error code for something. 

Hello again

I haven't updated this due to being busy however during in that time I replaced the motherboard in my PC with another of the same board. It worked perfectly for a couple of days afterwards but again I woke up this morning and the same thing happened. I remember this time I used sleep mode instead of shutting the system down. 

Error code 00 for Asus boards means not used which isn't too helpful but I believe this is because the CPU and board cannot communicate. This is why I replaced the board thinking that the bios somehow corrupted but i am lost now that a second board which is exactly the same has the same problem.

Not really sure what to try next and would appreciate any help

1 hour ago, nukacola71 said:

Hello again

I haven't updated this due to being busy however during in that time I replaced the motherboard in my PC with another of the same board. It worked perfectly for a couple of days afterwards but again I woke up this morning and the same thing happened. I remember this time I used sleep mode instead of shutting the system down. 

Error code 00 for Asus boards means not used which isn't too helpful but I believe this is because the CPU and board cannot communicate. This is why I replaced the board thinking that the bios somehow corrupted but i am lost now that a second board which is exactly the same has the same problem.

Could be the PSU is frying the boards.

It's not a race to the bottom.

54 minutes ago, 0x1e said:

Could be the PSU is frying the boards.

All lights etc on the board are still on, would this be the case if it was the PSU? 

2 hours ago, nukacola71 said:

Hello again

You're sure the board isnt shorting out on a motherboard post youre not using? What kind of PSU do you have? Is your pc plugged into a serge protector? Maybe your 24pin connector or cable is corrupted. Maybe it is your CPU not making good contact, idk. Something to do with your psu/electricity is my best guess. If that's not the case then maybe it is dust or debris related, then a bad PSU cable(s).

CPU — AMD Ryzen 7800X3D

GPU — AMD RX 7900 XTX - XFX Speedster Merc 310 Black Edition - 24GB GDDR6

Monitor — Acer Predator XB271HU - 2560x1440 165Hz IPS 4ms

CPU Cooler — Noctua NH-D15

Motherboard — Gigabyte B650 GAMING X AX V2

Memory — 32GB G.Skill Flare X5 - 6000mHz CL32

Storage — WD Black - 2TB HDD

— Seagate SkyHawk - 2TB HDD

— Samsung 850 EVO - 250GB SSD

— WD Blue - 500GB M.2 SSD

— Samsung 990 PRO w/HS - 4TB M.2 SSD

Case — Fractal Design Define R6 TG

PSU — EVGA SuperNOVA G3 - 850W 80+ Gold 

Case Fans — 2(120mm) Noctua NF-F12 PWM - exhaust

— 3(140mm) Noctua NF-A14 PWM - intake

Keyboard — Max Keyboard TKL Blackbird - Cherry MX blue switches - Red Backlighting 

Mouse — Logitech G PRO X

Headphones — Sennheiser HD600

Extras — Glorious PC Gaming Race - Mouse Wrist Rest  

— Glorious PC Gaming Race - XXL Extended Mouse Pad - 36" x 18"

— Max Keyboard Flacon-20 keypad - Cherry MX blue switches

21 minutes ago, DutchTexan said:

You're sure the board isnt shorting out on a motherboard post youre not using? What kind of PSU do you have? Is your pc plugged into a serge protector? Maybe your 24pin connector or cable is corrupted. Maybe it is your CPU not making good contact, idk. Something to do with your psu/electricity is my best guess. If that's not the case then maybe it is dust or debris related, then a bad PSU cable(s).

Motherboard is correctly attached to the case and the original worked from December to August perfectly. I have recently moved and picked up a new surge protected block a little over a month ago although it wasn't an expensive one. 

Haven't tried a new 24 pin cable but might be able to grab one today. But when I put the new board in the system worked fine for a short while. Also I resocketed the CPU when replacing the board so I don't think it is that. Internally the system is pretty dust free. 

Attached is the PSU that I am using 

Thank you for the suggestions

Screenshot_2017-08-11-14-47-44.png

If this happened to me i would try to unplug every unnecessary pin maybe leaving only the cpu fan. If nothing work i would consider try a new PSU cause as DutchTexan said it looks like has something to do with it.

6 hours ago, nukacola71 said:

All lights etc on the board are still on, would this be the case if it was the PSU? 

Yes.

First you have different rails. So 3, 5 and 12 volts. One or two may work but the other doesn't.

Also not all of the PSU is active all the time. As the load gets heavier is becomes under more physical stress.

So your GPU can work under light loads, but when gaming the PSU can't keep up.

When you power on your system it puts the PSU under a huge load for a short period of time.

Not saying this is your problem per say, but it could be a factor.

20 hours ago, 0x1e said:

Yes.

First you have different rails. So 3, 5 and 12 volts. One or two may work but the other doesn't.

Also not all of the PSU is active all the time. As the load gets heavier is becomes under more physical stress.

So your GPU can work under light loads, but when gaming the PSU can't keep up.

When you power on your system it puts the PSU under a huge load for a short period of time.

Not saying this is your problem per say, but it could be a factor.

So am I right in thinking both boards are now useless and I will need a new one in addition to a PSU? 

5 hours ago, nukacola71 said:

So am I right in thinking both boards are now useless and I will need a new one in addition to a PSU? 

Not necessarily.
Motherboards are built a lot stronger than they used to be. The motherboards could have survived.

I would first change the PSU. Either find a spare, borrow from a friend or buy one that you can return.