Minecraft Windows 10 Edition Free??

Ryujin2003

So, I've been busy with summer classes and work, and today I'm just farting around on my PC and in my start menu I see Minecraft Windows 10 Edition is highlighted as a new program... Well, I know I turned off Windows Store recommendations, so I figure this is kind of odd. I fall for the click bait scam out of curiosity.... I didn't purchase it. My wife only uses the PC to pay bills, everything else is done on her iPad.... Since when has this been free on Windows 10? I did a quick Google search and didn't really turn up much. Haven't seen anything from Microsoft. Was this part of Creators update? If not, when did this happen? I played. No gimmick. No demo mode or anything stupid. So I guess its great, can get rid of my dying PS3 for my kid since Minecraft is now on my PC without buying it.... Maybe part of the XBox Live merge with PC Gaming campaign?

But still, at a loss. Am I missing something? I figured this would've been highlighted and advertised if it were the case.

i think if you have the pc java version this is free

They gaveaway like 1mil copies if you had java edition, shit is essentially free as everybody and their mother has a Minecraft account.

Wouldn't be surprised if they made it free.

idk

Just now, fl0wvo said:

i think if you have the pc java version this is free

I never had it for PC. The only versions I have are for mobile devices (iOS and Android) and PS3. That's why I find it weird. Plus the fact that it was downloaded automatically is kind of sketchy.

48 minutes ago, Ryujin2003 said:

I never had it for PC. The only versions I have are for mobile devices (iOS and Android) and PS3. That's why I find it weird. Plus the fact that it was downloaded automatically is kind of sketchy.

That kind of reminds me of something Samsung did several years ago. I go to use my tablet one day and there was a new app that I didn't install. The app store listed it as a paid app and I hadn't purchased it yet. I still don't know how it got there.

Main System: Phobos

AMD Ryzen 7 2700 (8C/16T), ASRock B450 Steel Legend, 16GB G.SKILL Aegis DDR4 3000MHz, AMD Radeon RX 570 4GB (XFX), 960GB Crucial M500, 2TB Seagate BarraCuda, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations/macOS Catalina

Secondary System: York

Intel Core i7-2600 (4C/8T), ASUS P8Z68-V/GEN3, 16GB GEIL Enhance Corsa DDR3 1600MHz, Zotac GeForce GTX 550 Ti 1GB, 240GB ADATA Ultimate SU650, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations

Older File Server: Yet to be named

Intel Pentium 4 HT (1C/2T), Intel D865GBF, 3GB DDR 400MHz, ATI Radeon HD 4650 1GB (HIS), 80GB WD Caviar, 320GB Hitachi Deskstar, Windows XP Pro SP3, Windows Server 2003 R2

5 minutes ago, Jamiec1130 said:

That kind of reminds me of something Samsung did several years ago. I go to use my tablet one day and there was a new app that I didn't install. The app store listed it as a paid app and I hadn't purchased it yet. I still don't know how it got there.

that reminds me of the U2 download thing apple did where they gave everyone a U2 album for free and forced downloaded, now I don't know about you but I dinny give a shit about U2 and their music, so I wasn't particularly happy with being forced to download it, and it was quickly deleted

The owner of "too many" computers, called

The Lord of all Toasters (1920X 1080ti 32GB)

The Toasted Controller (i5 4670, R9 380, 24GB)

The Semi Portable Toastie machine (i7 3612QM (was an i3) intel HD 4000 16GB)'

Bread and Butter Pudding (i7 7700HQ, 1050ti, 16GB)

Pinoutbutter Sandwhich (raspberry pi 3 B)

The Portable Slice of Bread (N270, HAHAHA, 2GB)

Muffinator (C2D E6600, Geforce 8400, 6GB, 8X2TB HDD)

Toastbuster (WIP, should be cool)

loaf and let dough (A printer that doesn't print black ink)

The Cheese Toastie (C2D (of some sort), GTX 760, 3GB, win XP gaming machine)

The Toaster (C2D, intel HD, 4GB, 2X1TB NAS)

Matter of Loaf and death (some old shitty AMD laptop)

windybread (4X E5470, intel HD, 32GB ECC) (use coming soon, maybe)

And more, several more

3 hours ago, grimreeper132 said:

that reminds me of the U2 download thing apple did where they gave everyone a U2 album for free and forced downloaded, now I don't know about you but I dinny give a shit about U2 and their music, so I wasn't particularly happy with being forced to download it, and it was quickly deleted

Wow. That sucks. Didn't know people still listened to U2!

The auto download thing is the weird part. Bastards.

14 hours ago, Ryujin2003 said:

Wow. That sucks. Didn't know people still listened to U2!

The auto download thing is the weird part. Bastards.

I forgot U2 was a thing till it got forced downloaded to my phone

The owner of "too many" computers, called

The Lord of all Toasters (1920X 1080ti 32GB)

The Toasted Controller (i5 4670, R9 380, 24GB)

The Semi Portable Toastie machine (i7 3612QM (was an i3) intel HD 4000 16GB)'

Bread and Butter Pudding (i7 7700HQ, 1050ti, 16GB)

Pinoutbutter Sandwhich (raspberry pi 3 B)

The Portable Slice of Bread (N270, HAHAHA, 2GB)

Muffinator (C2D E6600, Geforce 8400, 6GB, 8X2TB HDD)

Toastbuster (WIP, should be cool)

loaf and let dough (A printer that doesn't print black ink)

The Cheese Toastie (C2D (of some sort), GTX 760, 3GB, win XP gaming machine)

The Toaster (C2D, intel HD, 4GB, 2X1TB NAS)

Matter of Loaf and death (some old shitty AMD laptop)

windybread (4X E5470, intel HD, 32GB ECC) (use coming soon, maybe)

And more, several more

pretty sure you can go into your mojang account and get the windows 10 edition for free if you have the java version

You didn't purchase it.

Micorsoft installed it without your permission (which is the norm for them considering they also shove candy crush down your throats as well).

19 hours ago, jayyy said:

pretty sure you can go into your mojang account and get the windows 10 edition for free if you have the java version

I don't have a Mojang account. I open it in Google Play store, Amazon Mobile, and Apple App store. I've gone to Mojang, but cannot find an account with any emails in ever had.

12 hours ago, demonix00 said:

You didn't purchase it.

Micorsoft installed it without your permission (which is the norm for them considering they also shove candy crush down your throats as well).

I don't even item it in the Microsoft store. I'd actually play this on my PC unlike Candy Crush. But the price it's crazy for PC. Not sure how or why it got installed though. Haven't found an answer yet.

15 hours ago, Ryujin2003 said:

I don't have a Mojang account. I open it in Google Play store, Amazon Mobile, and Apple App store. I've gone to Mojang, but cannot find an account with any emails in ever had.

I don't even item it in the Microsoft store. I'd actually play this on my PC unlike Candy Crush. But the price it's crazy for PC. Not sure how or why it got installed though. Haven't found an answer yet.

you need to own the pc java version and you sign in with your minecraft details on mojang.com

9 hours ago, jayyy said:

you need to own the pc java version and you sign in with your minecraft details on mojang.com

Yes, I understand that. But I don't have an account nor a PC version. I will it and it's there, downloaded on my PC. I didn't download it. I didn't purchase it. It's not on my laptop, only my desktop. And Microsoft Store doesn't say I own it.

have you tried playing it... if it works and you dont own it in windows store its a little odd c