My laptop is experiencing severe overall lagging recently,but i am not able to determine what is wrong with it.

So, i bought this new laptop last year with specs as follows:

1. CPU: Intel core i5 6200U 6th gen.@2.4Ghz
  2. GPU: NVIDIA Geforce 930M
  3. RAM: 8 GB
  4. Storage: 1TB HDD
  5. OS: Windows 10 Home 64 bit

Everything was completely fine until one month ago.

I started noticing sudden slowdowns.Like during games, it would slow down to 25 fps for a small duration then back to normal. Browsers and other apps started lagging too for a short duration.Then the duration kept increasing eventually to the point that everything would take forever to load.I checked the Cpu usage from task manager and it was fluctuating between 2% to 68% suddenly and back.At first, I thought it might be due to the dust inside (i could hear the clogging in the fan), so i cleaned it using compressed air. But it did not fix the issue. I also tried resetting windows but even after that just normal processes would work fine but heavy ones still lagged too much. e.g. when my laptop was fine i could play Far Cry 4 at ultra settings at 60 fps without any problem, but now even on the goddamn nvidia logo screen i get only 12-14 fps. This is so frustrating and i was trying to solve it since then.But then a week ago my laptop stopped even booting up. So i went to the Asus service centre.They told me that my motherboard was fried and that they had to replace it. And when i got my laptop back, now its fan is always running at full speed despite it being at normal temperatures (30C).So now i dont know what is causing this problem is it the hardware or the software?What made my GPU's and CPU's performance drop so much even though the service guys stated them to be in fine state?

How's the temperature on the  CPU and GPU? 

NVM, didn't read

#Mobile

Just now, Septimus said:

How's the temperature on the  CPU and GPU? 

NVM, didn't read

I thought too it was tempreature problems but its not ?

It sounds like some kind of motherboard issue to me. I'd see if ASUS will replace it for you. Are you still under warranty? 

Do you have any idea if your laptop was running too warm before? If it was REALLY hot, it could have caused permanent damage. The i5 6200U isn't really made to be a gaming or high-performance CPU, so I wouldn't be surprised if the mediocre cooking in the laptop on top of dust damaged it. 

5 minutes ago, Septimus said:

Do you have any idea if your laptop was running too warm before? If it was REALLY hot, it could have caused permanent damage. The i5 6200U isn't really made to be a gaming or high-performance CPU, so I wouldn't be surprised if the mediocre cooking in the laptop on top of dust damaged it. 

It was about 70 C when the load was high before . I doubt that is enough to do any damage.Is it? And yes Its still under warranty. 

Finally found something that makes sense.

I think it is the creators update that is causing these issues.That might explain why the windows reset fixed nothing. Gonna look for a previous build setup somewhere and see if  works then.