Thanks to JoeyDM recommendation I was able to come up with this.

If you got any tips or want to help with the build "http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/80448-gaming-build-1000/"

Several motherboards I have look at are , MSI 970A-GA43, Asus M5A97 R2.0, Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UDA3, Asus M599FX Pro R2.0, and ASRock 990FX Extreme4.

Any recommendation on which one should I pick or is there a better one?

-Thank you for your time.

If you got any tips or want to help with the build "http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/80448-gaming-build-1000/"

Several motherboards I have look at are , MSI 970A-GA43, Asus M5A97 R2.0, Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UDA3, Asus M599FX Pro R2.0, and ASRock 990FX Extreme4.

P.S. I put low-profile RAM because if you go to add 2 more sticks of RAM and you have an aftermarket air cooler it will almost always run into higher-profile ram. For that reason I usually recommend low-profile stuff.

Do you need to buy a monitor? In the build I did I included the monitor. What is the budget without one? We might be able to squeeze out more performance!

Also seriously for the amount of money you are putting into this you really dont want to cut back on the PSU.. The PSU is the most important (electrical) part of your system

Do you need to buy a monitor? In the build I did I included the monitor. What is the budget without one? We might be able to squeeze out more performance!

I would like to have another monitor so I can multi-task.

The Asus M5A97 R2.0 would be a good choice if you are on a budget and running single card configurations. If you want to run multiple cards , get the M5A99FX PRO R2.0.

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer