Fan filter airflow reduction?

Episko

Hello,

I'm looking at purchasing some fan filters to reduce my computer's dust intake and I was curious as to everyone's experience on the subject.  

I have heard some negative feedback regarding filters (reported difference of +10-20 degrees C on some hardware), but I also understand dust being the ultimate killer of cooling.  My place is definitely more dusty than normal with 2 dogs and lots of foot traffic.  

I dont want to dampen my performance if filters are going to increase my temps by that much of a margin.  I would like peace of mind regarding dust, but I have no problem with regularly cleaning my hardware if that means I need to go filterless.

I'm going to be purchasing some higher end hardware and OCing my CPU with a 240mm AIO liquid cooler, also going to be running a 1080ti.  Will have a phantom 530 case with 2x140mm and 4x120mm cougar fans (going for positive pressure of course).  I'm also not too concerned about noise levels.

The filters I was considering are pretty basic:  https://www.amazon.com/eBoot-Filter-Computer-Cooler-Dustproof/dp/B01N6BFVKO

What are your opinions/experiences with fan filters??  Thanks!

High Static Pressure fans are required for filtered intake.

[FS][US] Corsair H115i 280mm AIO-AMD $60+shipping

System specs:
Asus Prime X370 Pro - Custom EKWB CPU/GPU 2x360 1x240 soft loop - Ryzen 1700X - Corsair Vengeance RGB 2x16GB - Plextor 512 NVMe + 2TB SU800 - EVGA GTX1080ti - LianLi PC11 Dynamic

1 hour ago, knightslugger said:

High Static Pressure fans are required for filtered intake.

The fans I plan on getting have a pressure rating that is reportedly close to or equal most advertised high pressure fans.  I'm not too worried as long as they push what they say they can.

Considering your environment I would definitely use filters. I've tried with, and without, and I guarantee it's much easier to clean a filter than all your fan blades, etc. Just clean them often, as it doesn't take a lot of dust, or pet hair to begin to restrict your air flow.

Best Excuses:

#1(simple) "Well, I never liked that stupid thing anyway!"

#2(complex) "Obviously there was a flaw in the material, probably due to the inadvertent introduction of contaminants during the manufacturing process."