Mouse recommendations/questions

Looking for a mouse without a extreme "gamer" look around or under $50 that can be used comfortably for both gaming and general use. Palm grip and prefer larger mouses. I was looking at the master mx and performance mx - how are those two for gaming? My main games are Rainbow Six Siege and Overwatch. Also, how comfortable is the g502? 

My personal favorite is the Mionix Naos 7000. The MX series is not well suited for gaming, although they are both nice. G502 was always too narrow for my taste, but many others will say it's the best mouse they've ever laid their hands on.

BOINC Setup:
i5 7200U @ Stock

Core2Duo T6600 @ Stock

i3 2330M @ Stock

i5 3210M @ Stock

3 minutes ago, TheWestWing said:

Looking for a mouse without a extreme "gamer" look around or under $50 that can be used comfortably for both gaming and general use. Palm grip and prefer larger mouses. I was looking at the master mx and performance mx - how are those two for gaming? My main games are Rainbow Six Siege and Overwatch. Also, how comfortable is the g502? 

I have the G502 for gaming, work and internet browsing, and it's an awesome mouse. I even spilled it with Coca Cola and taking it apart and throwing everything in the water did not break it. It's 2 years old now i think (1 for sure) and it survived a lot of things. I like the size of it and the placement of secondary buttons (there's a "shift" button on your thumb for when you're playing FPS games for additional accuracy, though it can be programmed to anything else in the Logitech gaming software). I'd definitely recommend the G502.

Don't forget to quote when replying to me

3 minutes ago, Thunderzzu said:

I have the G502 for gaming, work and internet browsing, and it's an awesome mouse. I even spilled it with Coca Cola and taking it apart and throwing everything in the water did not break it. It's 2 years old now i think (1 for sure) and it survived a lot of things. I like the size of it and the placement of secondary buttons (there's a "shift" button on your thumb for when you're playing FPS games for additional accuracy, though it can be programmed to anything else in the Logitech gaming software). I'd definitely recommend the G502.

So I found a g502 proteus spectrum and a g502 proteus core. The spectrum is fifteen bucks cheaper. Is there a major difference between the two? Also is there a big difference between the g502 and the g602? Is the g602 better?

Just now, TheWestWing said:

So I found a g502 proteus spectrum and a g502 proteus core. The spectrum is fifteen bucks cheaper. Is there a major difference between the two?

I believe the only difference is that the Spectrum version has RGB while the proteus core one doesn't have. I have the proteus core.

1 minute ago, Thunderzzu said:

I believe the only difference is that the Spectrum version has RGB while the proteus core one doesn't have. I have the proteus core.

Ok thanks, also is there a difference between the g502 and the g602?

4 minutes ago, TheWestWing said:

Ok thanks, also is there a difference between the g502 and the g602?

G502 has a Superior sensor compared to the G602 but lacks wireless, G403 and G900 has the same 3366 sensor as the G502 but has Wireless capabilities. 

The Naos 7000 as @TheGhzGuy stated, and the Roccat Leadr are both good eargo mice. but the Naos has a 3310 sensor (can be prone to spinning out and random sensor spaz), and the roccat has a 3361 which is a twaeked 3360, that does not spin out nor suffer from random sensor spaz

11 minutes ago, Thunderzzu said:

Also how does the g502 compare to the razer deathadder mouse and the g403?

3 minutes ago, TheWestWing said:

Also how does the g502 compare to the razer deathadder mouse?

The G502 has a better sensor, and a lot more programmable buttons - every button on it is programmable. 

Also, this question has been answered here: 

I can't give a personal advice though, as i only own the G502. But if i had to guess, the G502 is way superior. I have it in combination with the G240 cloth mousepad and it's just amazing.

I attached a picture of the LGS settings you can fiddle with :)

LGS.png

I always try to find a shop that has some you can try out, and see what is a comfortable fit for my hand. Then I address what features they have, etc. My sister recently asked my advice on buying a new laptop, and I dragged her to a couple shops to try different ones. Again, this was to see which keyboard felt comfortable to her, then we worried about components, screen size, etc. OMG can she type fast, rofl.

Best Excuses:

#1(simple) "Well, I never liked that stupid thing anyway!"

#2(complex) "Obviously there was a flaw in the material, probably due to the inadvertent introduction of contaminants during the manufacturing process."