Incompatibilities/Issues with New Build?

Hey guys,

I'm building my first PC and was hoping for some advice/help with my components. I already know the parts I want but I don't know if they will work together perfectly. The main thing for me here is basically the PSU (EVGA 750watt G2). I'm pretty sure everything will work with my mobo (Strix Z270E), for example I need 3 internal USB 2.0 connections for my Kraken X62, NZXT Hue and my front panel which it provides (right?). I am also sure that the RAM (G.Skill TridentZ RGB) works perfectly with my mobo and CPU and only has problems with Ryzen (or has that been fixed?).

Here is my part list.

I am confident that everything should work together but would also like to point out that I will be using an NZXT Hue which requires power through molex, which leads to the questions does my PSU have an adapter? And  what about enough sata power connections?

I am of course focusing on the PSU, but if you guys see any potential incompatibilities would you care to point them out? These are the specs of the parts I'm most worried about

Motherboard Specs (just the USB 2.0 connections pretty much.)
PSU Specs
NZXT Hue+ Specs (Scroll to bottom of the link)

On a completely different note,
I am considering the 1080Ti but it is out of my budget. My main game is, and will be for a long time, Overwatch. I know I can get some godly framerates at 1440p with a GTX1080, but would it be worth the upgrade for the couple of hours I play Skyrim and Fallout 4 a week? 

Thank you :D

Okay,

USB 2.0 yes it provides 3 USB 2.0 Headers but one is hidden as OC-Pannel see your Manual if you have trouble finding it

the ryzen board is a completely different board. You're fine

You have enough Sata Power since you can connect 3 SATA powercables to the PSU. Each host typically 3 or 4 Sata power plugs. I haven't find any information about an adapter but they're cheap.

1080TI is not needed...

My opinions on the build:

I would go with a 512gb ssd. Based on multiple devices I own they fill up pretty much. If you can afford it go with an M.2 it is worth the price.

Since you have an Aura compatible MOBO maybe ditch the HUE for a bigger SSD

You can't use that motherboard with AMD CPU's as it's a Intel only board. Also, it would be great if you could provide specific model names for the RAM and CPU. 

Otherwise the MOBO supports DDR4 RAM and a 1151 6th or 7th gen CPUs so make sure you aren't buying anything else.

Regarding the GPU, it's just not worth it if you'll be playing Overwatch, and also, Skyrim and Fallout 4 will both work fine with a 1080. 

Don't forget to quote when replying to me

17 minutes ago, Thunderzzu said:

You can't use that motherboard with AMD CPU's as it's a Intel only board. Also, it would be great if you could provide specific model names for the RAM and CPU. 

Otherwise the MOBO supports DDR4 RAM and a 1151 6th or 7th gen CPUs so make sure you aren't buying anything else.

Regarding the GPU, it's just not worth it if you'll be playing Overwatch, and also, Skyrim and Fallout 4 will both work fine with a 1080. 

If you clicked on the pcpartpicker list you'd see the model names and links for all the parts he used. The 1080 is definitely worth it even if that's all he plays because he wants to play at 1440p at 165hz according to the monitor he selected.

It's a fine build, great for gaming and you should have no issues at all.

13 minutes ago, Le Sulfur said:

If you clicked on the pcpartpicker list you'd see the model names and links for all the parts he used. The 1080 is definitely worth it even if that's all he plays because he wants to play at 1440p at 165hz according to the monitor he selected.

Oh sorry, i completely missed that.... My bad.

Don't forget to quote when replying to me

1 hour ago, Thunderzzu said:

Ah, my mistake I worded it as if Ryzen would work with a Z270 board. What I meant to ask in that situation is if the G.Skill Trident Z RGB Ram would work with Ryzen as I had heard a lot of people had problems with the two. I think I'll be using the i7 7700k, and the specific RAM is F4-3200C16D-16GTZR from G.Skill.

1 hour ago, Le Sulfur said:

Thanks for that, it's clear you checked properly :D

2 hours ago, stempifleig said:

Okay,

USB 2.0 yes it provides 3 USB 2.0 Headers but one is hidden as OC-Pannel see your Manual if you have trouble finding it

the ryzen board is a completely different board. You're fine

You have enough Sata Power since you can connect 3 SATA powercables to the PSU. Each host typically 3 or 4 Sata power plugs. I haven't find any information about an adapter but they're cheap.

1080TI is not needed...

My opinions on the build:

I would go with a 512gb ssd. Based on multiple devices I own they fill up pretty much. If you can afford it go with an M.2 it is worth the price.

Since you have an Aura compatible MOBO maybe ditch the HUE for a bigger SSD

I can see where you're coming from on both points and I get it, but the Hue+ is something I've really been wanting for a while. I only intend to boot off and load Overwatch on my SSD though, but either way I could probably fit in a 512 GB SSD. Thanks

3 hours ago, ElGuava said:

I only intend to boot off and load Overwatch on my SSD though, but either way I could probably fit in a 512 GB SSD

That's kinda what I thought too. It too little.

I also understand that you want a HUE. I personally would spend the budget rather on a lager SSD then the HUE though. It's easy to add the HUE later then enlarge the SSD ;)