DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (RfeCo10x64.sys)

I got this error: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (RfeCo10x64.sys) with a BSOD. This seems to just happen when i start bf4 sometimes. I have googled and I just get some chinese sites and one Toms hardware that says update your killer internet drivers. I have done all this, I completely removed all drivers for it and installed it from gigabyte site but that did not work then I removed everything and installed killer internet drivers from killernetworking.com and that does not help either. The strange thing is yesterday a was on my PC for like 5 hours no crashes nothing even when i played bf4 everything was fine. But today again i played bf4 for 10 minutes and the crash occurred.

I would really appreciate any help.

Specs: AMD ryzen 5 1600, gtx 1070 and Gigabyte GA-AX370-Gaming K3(PC built last week)

Sorry if this post should be in networking or somewhere else.

When posting please clear formatting so text can be read by night theme users.

When you installed the drivers from the killer website, did you get the driver only, or the bloatware crap version?

In future, I highly recommend that you avoid motherboards that use killer network adapters.

2 minutes ago, DrMikeNZ said:

When posting please clear formatting so text can be read by night theme users.

When you installed the drivers from the killer website, did you get the driver only, or the bloatware crap version?

In future, I highly recommend that you avoid motherboards that use killer network adapters.

http://www.killernetworking.com/driver-downloads

I downloaded and installed "Killer control center 64bit"

Just now, DrMikeNZ said:

Try uninstalling the killer control center, and install the driver only package under "other downloads". See if that helps.

Ok i will try, Do you think that a Bios update could help, On the gigabyte website it says that it could be risky to flash bios.

Just now, at0m11c said:

Ok i will try, Do you think that a Bios update could help, On the gigabyte website it says that it could be risky to flash bios.

The BIOS will typically only influence stability and CPU/RAM compatibility. The onboard integrated devices such as audio and networking are effectively just a soldered on PCIe device and are standalone to the chipset. If there was a serious bug in the motherboard, possibly, although this is very unlikely.

Ryzen is a very new platform, and there are frequent BIOS updates improving the platform. However, if you are not comfortable with this process, I recommend you avoid it unless absolutely necessary. While rare, if a BIOS update is interrupted or corrupted, then the motherboard can be bricked and you will need to send it back to the manufacturer leaving you without the system for a while.

1 minute ago, DrMikeNZ said:

The BIOS will typically only influence stability and CPU/RAM compatibility. The onboard integrated devices such as audio and networking are effectively just a soldered on PCIe device and are standalone to the chipset. If there was a serious bug in the motherboard, possibly, although this is very unlikely.

Ryzen is a very new platform, and there are frequent BIOS updates improving the platform. However, if you are not comfortable with this process, I recommend you avoid it unless absolutely necessary. While rare, if a BIOS update is interrupted or corrupted, then the motherboard can be bricked and you will need to send it back to the manufacturer leaving you without the system for a while.

Ok i will not touch bios then, I installed only drivers now if this doesnt help should i contact Killer networking support?

Just now, at0m11c said:

Ok i will not touch bios then, I installed only drivers now if this doesnt help should i contact Killer networking support?

It couldn't hurt to contact them.

49 minutes ago, DrMikeNZ said:

Try uninstalling the killer control center, and install the driver only package under "other downloads". See if that helps.

Honestly killer's software is shit. Had it installed and tried throttling with it my downloads and whole PC freezes instead. It's like a CPU throttle instead of internet x)    I noticed the software added some latency to my connection too. After uninstall and install driver only, works like a champ!  My new motherboard has intel gigabit onboard, so I'm fine now. Never ordering a killer ethernet ever.

21 minutes ago, at0m11c said:

You said that i should avoid killer network adapters. If then nothing works could i buy this : https://www.netonnet.se/art/datorkomponenter/natverkskort/d-link-dub-1312/212965.8970/    (Swedish site)

I wouldn't get a USB network solution myself. I would get an internal PCIe Intel NIC.

eg. https://www.netonnet.se/art/dator/natverk/natverkskort/intel-9301ct/213040.8930/

2 hours ago, Frenky said:

Killer NICs suck massive balls, avoid at all costs

Late now , next time i build a PC in about 5 years I will have that in mind hahaha