Potential Upgrade/New system

Current Build

-FX-6300 Black edition

-Cooler Master Hyper N520 

-Gigabyte 970A-D3P Mobo

-Gskill ripjaw 8gb ddr3 (2x4)

-Radeon HD7870 GHz ed. Xfire

-1000W EVGA PSU

I am looking at upgrading for around 1000 USD or maybe building a new system for ~1500 USD. I plan on primarily gaming and using VR (Most likely Vive). My potential upgrade is in the link below. I would be keeping the PSU, Case, and peripherals from my other build.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/dYVxqk

What suggestions do you guys have?  Here are some of my main questions

-Should I go for a different Ryzen 7 CPU

-Should I go for the cheaper b350 chipset and opt out of potential SLI upgrades?

-Are there any less expensive alternatives to the GTX 1080?

From what I understand, the 1700 is the way to go for Ryzen 7, because it can overclock to the same performance as an overclocked 1800X. As for the graphics card, Asus's STRIX cards seem to be the best in overclocking performance for Pascal so far, and the STRIX 1080 on Amazon is only about $10 more than what's listed on your PC Partpicker list (obviously, whether that's worth it is up to you). For B350 vs X370, it depends on whether or not you think you will buy another GTX 1080 or will buy a new single-card solution when you decide to upgrade your graphics. It seems like NVidia is trying to slowly phase out SLI. X370 also has some additional SATA, USB, and PCIe lanes, I think.

58 minutes ago, jsdsparky said:

From what I understand, the 1700 is the way to go for Ryzen 7, because it can overclock to the same performance as an overclocked 1800X. As for the graphics card, Asus's STRIX cards seem to be the best in overclocking performance for Pascal so far, and the STRIX 1080 on Amazon is only about $10 more than what's listed on your PC Partpicker list (obviously, whether that's worth it is up to you). For B350 vs X370, it depends on whether or not you think you will buy another GTX 1080 or will buy a new single-card solution when you decide to upgrade your graphics. It seems like NVidia is trying to slowly phase out SLI. X370 also has some additional SATA, USB, and PCIe lanes, I think.

I'll definitely look into the strix card. Thanks!