BF4 on slow internet?

theking

Hi! :)

I have really bad internet speeds :( Around 6-7 mbit down and about 1mbit up. My ping is about 40-50. Will Bf4 be unplayable? Will i notice any lag. I am mainly going to play local servers here in Sweden. 

Intel Core i5 4670K | Sapphire R9 290 | Define R4 | Gigabyte Z87X-D3H | 8Gb Ballistix | Corsair RM650 | 120GB Samsung 840 EVO | Seagate Barracuda 1TB |

Would love to be the owner of the: nAMDvidia Titation 3000 ultra-xt Platinum Edition :D

Im also from Sweden :) and i have friends who have similar internet speeds and you should be fine if you are not planning on playing on US servers.....

- Play EU servers :)

You should be just fine, if you manage to join a server that is. I'm having huge problems doing just that, and I'm on a 100/100 mbit/s connection... Get your act together DICE and EA.

I get almost no lag on my internet you will be more then fine :)

3109919851.png

CPU Ryzen 5 Asrock B350 Pro 4 / MSI RX580 Gaming / RAM 16 Gigs Corsair Vengeance 3000 / HDD 1TB Seagate Barracuda / SSD Samsung 840 120GB / 500GB Samsung SSD / Case Urban S31 / PSU EVGA G2 750w / Os Windows 10 / Keyboard Corsair K70 / Mouse Razer Naga 2013 (Won it from Linus!!

The awful netcode in BF3 was basically so you folk won't be any worse of than people with pings of 10 (the principle of lag compensation) so you will be fine.

"If you do not take your failures seriously you will continue to fail"

Really the ping is all that matters. Battlefield 4 and multiplayer games in general don't require a lot of bandwidth, just how fast your computer can send and receive data from the server. 

You can also adjust the network smoothing from within BF4. You can tune it to give you best performance or to eliminate visual errors (people spinning around to shoot you)

Here is my result:

3109924757.png

Not that bad, my friend plays on 3mb all it affects is his download time.

Asus M5A99X Evo  - AMD FX-8350 - 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1866Mhz - Corsair 120mm Quiet Edition Fans BenQ XL2411Z- EVGA GTX 980 Superclocked Fractal Design Define R4 - Corsair H100i - 2 TB 7200rpm HDD - Samsung 840 Evo 120GB - Corsair RM750w PSU - Logitech G502 Proteus Core - Corsair K70 RGB MX Red - Audio Technica M50x + Modmic 4.0 - LG 23EA63V x2

Spinthat Spinthat Spinthat Spinthat

You call that really bad? You shouldn't come on vacation with me in the alps when I get some nice satellite at about 0.01mb down and 0.001 up with a nice 300+ ping. Now those are fun summers!

Setup Video -----------Peasant Crushing Specs----------- 4K Benchmarks

-CPU- i7 3930k @4.8GHz 1.4v -Mobo- Asus Rampage IV Extreme -GPUs- 2x GTX Titan Hydrocopper SLI -RAM- 32GB (8x4GB) Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz -Storage- 500GB Samsung 840 SSD | 2TB WD Green HDD

-Monitors- 3x BenQ XL2420T | 1x Dell U2713HM -Mouse- Steelseries Rival -Keyboard- Corsair K70 Cherry MX Brown -Headphones- Audio Techinca ATH-M50 -Microphone- RØDE NT1-A

Im also from Sweden :) and i have friends who have similar internet speeds and you should be fine if you are not planning on playing on US servers.....

- Play EU servers :)

Hi, thanks for the answer, we should play some time. When i finally get the game

Intel Core i5 4670K | Sapphire R9 290 | Define R4 | Gigabyte Z87X-D3H | 8Gb Ballistix | Corsair RM650 | 120GB Samsung 840 EVO | Seagate Barracuda 1TB |

Would love to be the owner of the: nAMDvidia Titation 3000 ultra-xt Platinum Edition :D

You call that really bad? You shouldn't come on vacation with me in the alps when I get some nice satellite at about 0.01mb down and 0.001 up with a nice 300+ ping. Now those are fun summers!

This, bad ? Wow man... No, you won't experience any problems.

I thought that i had the worst speeds in the world. Guess not...

You call 6-7 mbit/1mbit bad? My internet is about 1-2mbit/0.5mbit and ping is always 130-999 in bf4 servers and that is bad ^^. High prices here on countryside :(.

Also BF4 is just laggy/buggy piece of EAsome **** atm.

Intel i5 3570k | MSI GTX 670 Power Edition/OC SLI | Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Corsair Vengeance LP 16GB | Fractal Design Newton R2 650W | NZXT Switch 810 SE Gun Metal | BenQ 24" XL2420T 120Hz | Corsair K90  | Logitech G500 / Logtitech Performance MX | Sennheiser PC 360 | Asus Xonar DGX | NVIDIA GeForce 3D Vision 2 Wireless Kit

I thought that i had the worst speeds in the world. Guess not...

I really only have that internet on vacation. At home my speeds are nice and fast. Yours aren't amazing but I wouldn't consider it unusable.

Anyway good luck with BF4, hope you have fun!

Setup Video -----------Peasant Crushing Specs----------- 4K Benchmarks

-CPU- i7 3930k @4.8GHz 1.4v -Mobo- Asus Rampage IV Extreme -GPUs- 2x GTX Titan Hydrocopper SLI -RAM- 32GB (8x4GB) Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz -Storage- 500GB Samsung 840 SSD | 2TB WD Green HDD

-Monitors- 3x BenQ XL2420T | 1x Dell U2713HM -Mouse- Steelseries Rival -Keyboard- Corsair K70 Cherry MX Brown -Headphones- Audio Techinca ATH-M50 -Microphone- RØDE NT1-A

I really only have that internet on vacation. At home my speeds are nice and fast. Yours aren't amazing but I wouldn't consider it unusable.

Anyway good luck with BF4, hope you have fun!

thanks!!

You call 6-7 mbit/1mbit bad? My internet is about 1-2mbit/0.5mbit and ping is always 130-999 in bf4 servers and that is bad ^^. High prices here on countryside :(.

Also BF4 is just laggy/buggy piece of EAsome **** atm.

oh EA...

• 2 years later...