Has anyone come across any cool summer jobs? (in Canada)

Grant L

After taking a summer job with the federal government two summers ago, I was asked to come back last May to fill in for my manager while he filled in for his.

Move forward to today, almost a year later, and I will be leaving next week (bien que je suis bon a mon travail, je suis pas bilingue).

I know basic fundamentals of coding and software design methodology, with experience working with a development team. I also have extensive experience building/repairing PCs (which is what my last job was).

Has anyone seen any cool summer employment opportunities (in IT or otherwise) that would be worth moving out of province for? Or any suggestions on where to look?

Unfortunately, all federal government jobs for students are off limits to me until next year.

I would do something that gains your further and better employment. Working for the government can be totally cushy, but if you know what you want to be when you grow up, always always always work towards that. So if you want to be a tradesman, Plumber, Sparky then be a helper for them. Work in PC's go work at BestBuy's Geek Squad, or salesperson.

New Brunswick is not a hot spot for jobs. You better be looking towards Alberta or BC.