Fromt case fans not mounting?

TheGermanEngie
Go to solution Solved by WoodenMarker,
2 minutes ago, TheGermanEngie said:

The screws included have too small of a radius to be able to be tightened into anything, it just moves freely inside the strip. None other screws work that I am aware of.

Fan screws go through the mounting strips and tap into the fan.

Hello all - I recently bought a Phanteks Enthoo Pro M case, along with two Corsair AF120 Quiet Edition fans. I have tried the recommended screws to install the front fans in, but the fans do not seem to line up in any way with the chassis screw holes, and the screws do not fit any logical fan mounting location. Phanteks has listed that 120mm fans are supported, but no luck so far. Please help!

As far as I know the enthoo pro M has like sort of "slots" or "rails" instead of holes to allow for greater fan mounting flexibility, not holes. Try to mount your fans on those instead

Quote or tag if you want me to answer! PM me if you are in a real hurry!

Why do Java developers wear glasses? Because they can't C#!

My Machines:

The Gaming Rig:

Spoiler

-Processor: i5 6600k @4.6GHz

-Graphics: GTX1060 6GB G1 Gaming

-RAM: 2x8GB HyperX DDR4 2133MHz

-Motherboard: Asus Z170-A

-Cooler: Corsair H100i

-PSU: EVGA 650W 80+bronze

-AOC 1080p ultrawide

My good old laptop:

Spoiler

Lenovo T430

-Processor: i7 3520M

-4GB DDR3 1600MHz

-Graphics: intel iGPU :(

-Not even 1080p

You're supposed to screw the fans in from the back through the mounting strips.

4b27f30d8e57f055057518b96954e690.png

Moved to Air Cooling.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

18 minutes ago, dany_boy said:

As far as I know the enthoo pro M has like sort of "slots" or "rails" instead of holes to allow for greater fan mounting flexibility, not holes. Try to mount your fans on those instead

Yes, they are more like "slots" rather than holes. The problem is, the screws that are listed in the manual to "install front fans" have too small of a radius to be able to be screwed in to the slots. 

20 minutes ago, WoodenMarker said:

You're supposed to screw the fans in from the back through the mounting strips.

4b27f30d8e57f055057518b96954e690.png

The screws included have too small of a radius to be able to be tightened into anything, it just moves freely inside the strip. None other screws work that I am aware of.

2 minutes ago, TheGermanEngie said:

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

51 minutes ago, WoodenMarker said:

Got it - thank you!