New Moniter Shopping! 144 hz or 60 hz

Czeekaj

Right now I have a TV as my main 'monitier' mounted on the wall. However, I want to replace the TV with a low delay moniter.
This is about Preformance and cost trade off here. The TV I am using is probably over 25 -40 ms in Delay running at (60 hz)

Most of my most demanding games that require faster reactions I am not running over 60 fps currently however my PC has room for an upgrade card so the FPS could be there down the road. However I think the Difference I will see from a TV too a 1 ms delay moniter will be exactly what I am looking for fighting games mainly.

However Looking at price to reward. I can get my 1ms Delay at 60 mhz, with speakers which I want for my consoles as well.
For my PC however I could spill the extra dough to get the 144 mhz. However I don't get much over 60 FPS on Arma 3 or DCS world any way, Do I stand to gain much? I feel If I get a decent size a 60 mhz will be much better than the TV I am using now.

I plan to keep for a long time, for those of you with 144mhz and have gamed on 60 mhz. How much of a difference can it make if you have the horse power to drive over 60 FPS ?
Does it make a difference at 60 fps on the button? Less than 60fps will it be asking for an upgrade on the PC to get the value out of the Moniter?

It's not easy to find many BenQ's locally, however I see some manufacture that is close too benQ.. I could order one, but If I w as too spring for the 144mhz it'd cost me over 500 Caddollars. I know it's not the cheapest for 1ms 144mhz, but this one has Speakers.   https://www.144hzmonitors.com/reviews/benq-zowie-xl2730-review/

The other product I may consider would be Drastic improvment but marginal price reduction is here for 380 dollars so I'm saving 120 dollars.https://www.amazon.co.uk/Zowie-RL2755-27-Inch-Gaming-Monitor/dp/B01H5KKQUQ?tag=duckduckgo-ffsb-uk-21

They are on sale right now So I may move quick. I may take a risk.

Now there is my big Question. Too you guys with experience dropping money on Moniters . Is this price difference justifiable for the Extra refresh rate? They are nearly same aside from the Frame rate. Could you guys convince a TV pleb from going from 30 ms of delay on my main moniter too 1ms, too justify over 100 dollars for the 144hz?
I don't have many games I think it would really help but for games running like console "capped" at 60fps will the 144MHZ make a difference? Currently games like Arma3 I am only running at max 60 fps, Yet it could be potential future proofing however. I enjoy Sims so a extra moniter being lower refresh rate could be a future door too getting triple moniters at same size. Even if they won't match refresh rates, periferal moniters does not seem to be a big problem down the road.

I'm not only considering those two moniters but that was what I found quickly avaliable in my area. I could order but may drive the price up or less depending how new or old.
So community, does 144mhz make enough of a difference? Or will I be happy with just the improved Delay ;) I am decided on low response 1ms, minimum 60 mhz, but I am again Unsure about spilling more on the extra Refresh. However I will be upgrading GPU maybe depending on how Nvidea Volta looks or Amd tears up the competition hopfully. Could be a while but my 780 gtx is holding out for now, but I can still upgrade the card and get those FPS. Than my CPU will be the bottle neck, will be next to move onto a test bench or new CPU later and move over the new GPU. so the Extra MHz maybe will be useful down the road. But as it stands now I don't need or more so can't make good use of the 144mhz can I? 
How do you guys think of the Value of 144mhz vs 60 mhz? Thanks !

a 3770K, I do play Cs:go often enough. Might get into Overwatch, but I play Starcraft II actually havn't downloaded Overwatch. However I don't know if I will see a difference if a game is running 60 fps or less? Will it make any difference at all for something like StarCraft? Games like Street fighter and CS:go I may see a difference as I can hit those High FPS. 
I searched the thread and saw a post saying going into 144mhz was like super saiyan 3. My buddy was huge fan, ;')

Spoiler
On 4/24/2017 at 11:27 PM, valdyrgramr said:

The 150 or so I'd save sticking with 60 mhz could sink into my next Gpu. (even if I find anouther 780 for Sli for cheap hard to beat the 1000 series prices) Than I'd potentially have the issue of never getting any use out of older games like CS:GO anyway.

I may be biased by my own experience; but I've always played on 60Hz monitors, and that's well enough for me.

I can play CS:GO, Overwatch, or any game competitively without experiencing delays.

My monitors are 2x Asus VS278H (27 inch) with 1ms response time @ 60Hz.

Unless you really have the money to spend, stick with 60Hz.

But before spending money on periphirals; spend money on components to match the desired results.

EDIT: As for GPU, try saving up for an RX 580 or GTX 1060; they're about $200-260. I'm not sure about the GTX 780's performance, but it should be overshadowed by any recent cards. 

Don't invest in a new monitor until you have the components to match it.

Spoiler
  • CPU - i7 6700K
  • Motherboard - Asus z170 Pro Gaming
  • RAM - 2x 8GB HyperX Fury DDR4 2133Mhz
  • GPU - Sapphire RX 580 Pulse
  • Case - Cooler Master StrikeX Advance Black Edition
  • Storage - 1x 1TB Seagate HDD, 1x 250GB Samsung Evo 850 SSD
  • PSU - Energon 750W CM
  • Display(s) - 2x VS278H 27-inch
  • Cooling - Hyper Evo 212
  • Keyboard - Razer Blackwidow Chroma
  • Mouse - Logitech G502
  • Sound - Razer Kraken 7.1 Pro
  • OS - Windows 10 Pro 64bit

It is but I saw a duplicate 780 for 100 US dollars on Ebay. so 138 Canadian. Not sure what kind of difference sli will make as I have never ran it before I have a basic SLI bridge so it's potential is maybe hitting benchmarks like a 980. But very hard to beat the price point set by the new cards and honestly next generation preformance I havn't hit yet. I have modular power supply I just need new cables if I get a second card. However I can and already hit decent Fps in counter strike especially on lower settings I sure I can make use of 144hz moniter for CS. Which I am not getting any faster with my TV at all with response delay well over 20hz. Thanks for reply. (maybe why I still think the Negev and Auto sniper are good weapons :) )
I feel the Refresh rate will be situationally better depending on what I'm playing. For console I feel it will be marginal if game's don't ever get rated over 60 fps. PC I have lots of old titles, but most are Rts or slower play styles where the fast camera movements don't really come into play unless it's star craft? Mostly Delay is the big issue for me wanting to replace the Tv as my main display.
I don't know I have never experienced an actual gaming moniter tbh. I have been gaming on a Samsung LCD for years now. and before that it was a Citizen 19" lcd Display so, Which was a brick. Also my first mechanical keyboard has 1/3 the leds ;) maybe I should of spent the extra 20 bucks on Rgb.
Again big reason I am desiring upgrade on my moniter is actually I moved a console to my room, and playing Fighting games on a TV with a considerable delay is actually somewhat fustrating when you know you hit the right button before something happens yet the attack lands and you never get a block or Parry off. Offline and Online, The miliseconds can make a difference here. My main question is if Refresh rate does too? I was watching people compaire cod footage and the Camera position on turns was drastic enough for me to seriously consider 144mhz but Unknown to me if I'm shelling money out for nothing. Like replacing all my 4 gb sticks with 8 gb ram sticks when I can't use that much ram or hit higher frame rates in Arma at high settings. As when I play arma all I really do is mostly just mess around in the editor, and play against my own creations. I never did get much multiplayer in except once at night I saw a helicopter land in the distance, but had no night vision. I checked it out was starting to run around too and being loud. Than a while passed and I felt ballsy, I made mistake of throwing a glow stick too see, but I instantly got shot. I was salty xD but it was fun.

Okay I did bit more research after sleeping on it for a bit. Apperently most fighting games get tied into their FPS so higher refresh rate wont make a difference maybe for delay so much, unless you want the chance to play faster offline and have much less chance for missed frames. for some games (street fighter 5 ) So as long as you are hitting the 60 fps it should be a okay.

As for Huilun he pretty much didn't need to say much but hit the nail on the head. For people who are serious about thier Fps or anything really , it could be a worthwile venture. Right now with my PC specs, and average fps I get I don't think me personally can justify the extra refresh rate as Fps games make up less of my gaming experiences. As for even RTS the smoother mouse input may make a difference un knowest to me in gameplay feel.

This looks like the Sweet spot the Azus Vg245h. max 75 hz so you know you can hit 60 consistantly. Where as the BenQ on the box says 50/60 meaning it might drop frames yet they say its 60. I know it looks good for backgrounds. Good colour on the fighting setting at least, the rts one's seem crazy bright only maybe good for Starcraft II. Not like you couldnt tweek settings yourself. Only cool thing is maybe if that HDMI out would be cool for local tournaments, that's about it though. one to one display Asus takes the cake, just a shame it doesn't have a DVI slot instead a VGA.

Display lag on Asus Vg245h

Linus on the BenQ, with Gamer marketing