Long Range RC Car Build

WhatComesAround

Hey there everyone, so I have been searching through the internet all day and I couldn't find a single video/article that would help me increase my RC Car's range. You see, I watched a few videos like the one down below, and I noticed that it's really easy to get info on how to get a long range FPV system. There are articles everywhere and FPV systems are said to have ranges of up to around 2KM if you have a good one. In the same articles it says your FPV range should be lower than your controls range so that you know when you need to turn around, because if it's the other way around, the car will stop and you will be stuck with a live feed, instead you will notice the feed start to break up and you know it's time to stop going. And the guy in that video had one response to a comment that asked about the range of the FPV system and he said it was 2KM, SO that leads to the question: How does he have a controls transmitter/receiver with a range greater than 2KM? I check a whole bunch of sites and most RC controls transmitters/recievers only have a range of 200m Max, which makes me wonder how he does this. Does anyone know? I read that 2.4Ghz is not a long range frequency as it is a REALLY high frequency and that the lower the frequency the longer the range. I also read that the higher the voltage that is supplied to the controller the higher the range. I also have another question: I have a remote that takes 8 AA batteries (12V), but at 12 V it says low Voltage, I added extra batteries (modded it) to get to 14V and it still says Low.V even though the manual says it's operating Voltage is 12V, what's going on? And as always thanks for replying :D