thumb drive broken

Raxul

my thumb drive's been acting strange lately, i can't copy much data, because it will always fail, so i tried to format it from exfat to ntfs and it doesn't work because window recognize it as raw drive so it's unusable unless i reformat it to exfat

also some folder also been spawning infinitely and i can't delete some file no matter what.Untitled.thumb.png.d04e783d353ef241d0ee403ee844bd79.png

sorry for bad english it's so hard to explain my situation, i hope someone understands and able to help

Untitled2.png

Eager To Learn

2 minutes ago, Raxul said:

i can't copy much data, because it will always fail

First of, I don't know much about this kind of stuff. But I do remember having a 2 gb micro SD card in a very cheap USB card reader. When I would try to copy larger files, it would also "fail". Also got really hot... Maybe it's partly an heat issue?

sounds like some sort of bad firmware for the flash drive or something or windows is reading it wrong. 

Is the flash drive new?

USB flash doesn't last forever looks like yours is gone if it can't hold a filetable correctly

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_   

Also you can only format a flash drive so many times. I have destroyed many by burning iso to them

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_   

1 minute ago, Dutch-stoner said:

First of, I don't know much about this kind of stuff. But I do remember having a 2 gb micro SD card in a very cheap USB card reader. When I would try to copy larger files, it would also "fail". Also got really hot... Maybe it's partly an heat issue?

i don't think so, my drive isn't hot, and this place i live is so cold. i think it's the format of the drive that caused the issue

Just now, Tb428 said:

sounds like some sort of bad firmware for the flash drive or something or windows is reading it wrong. 

Is the flash drive new?

not really, been using it for a while

Eager To Learn

ahh never mind i used this to format my drive to ntfs, now it's working like a charm. i wanna ask something else while i'm here, does anyone know what caused this?

Eager To Learn