security@facebookmail.com

Is this a real facebook email? i saw it this morning after trying to login to my old account, i wondered if its real or fake.

One email says it looks like your having trouble logging in

Thanks

A8-7600 {} Gigabyte FM2+ Board {} CX430 {} Corsair Vengeance LP 8gb {} MSI GTX 760 2GB {}

Console.WriteLine("C# is aids");

9 minutes ago, nobiggieBIG said:

Is this a real facebook email? i saw it this morning after trying to login to my old account, i wondered if its real or fake.

One email says it looks like your having trouble logging in

Thanks

If you hover over a link in the email, is the URL displayed in the bottom right of your screen a facebook one?

I edit my posts a lot.

1 minute ago, MrDrWho13 said:

If you hover over a link in the email, is the URL displayed in the bottom right of your screen a facebook one?

yes.

A8-7600 {} Gigabyte FM2+ Board {} CX430 {} Corsair Vengeance LP 8gb {} MSI GTX 760 2GB {}

3 minutes ago, nobiggieBIG said:

yes.

I just had a look on Google and it seems it is legit. You may want to change your password just in case if you're able to get into your old account.

I edit my posts a lot.

52 minutes ago, MrDrWho13 said:

I just had a look on Google and it seems it is legit. You may want to change your password just in case if you're able to get into your old account.

i have two accounts and yesterday i tried to get back onto it, maybe because my passwords between accounts were different was the reason i got this message, either way i think im fine. i saw it on my phone and didnt click on it? if it did have a virus or anything my phone would be safe correct?

i get login attempts from noreply@facebookmail.com everytime i login from a neww browser or device

You can in your mail client look at the raw email to see if the address has been spoofed but every modern client should alert you to address spoofing.

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_   

1 minute ago, SCHISCHKA said:

i get login attempts from noreply@facebookmail.com everytime i login from a neww browser or device

You can in your mail client look at the raw email to see if the address has been spoofed but every modern client should alert you to address spoofing.

i may just reset my phone to be sure.

21 minutes ago, nobiggieBIG said:

i may just reset my phone to be sure.

you get 2-factor authentication and you can view in facebook security the devices which have access to your account. I had a dodgy attempt a while back and changing the password is something i did from a live linux cd in case one of my devices was compromised. I also changed my phone number to a seperate phone. I keep a simcard in my old phone alive for $20 a year for 2-factor authentication. I dont use the phone number i give out in public access to reset my passwords, that sim stays in a safe place

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_   

5 minutes ago, SCHISCHKA said:

you get 2-factor authentication and you can view in facebook security the devices which have access to your account. I had a dodgy attempt a while back and changing the password is something i did from a live linux cd in case one of my devices was compromised. I also changed my phone number to a seperate phone. I keep a simcard in my old phone alive for $20 a year for 2-factor authentication. I dont use the phone number i give out in public access to reset my passwords, that sim stays in a safe place

yeah, ill get home and wipe everything off it to make sure that its gone, i cleared my emails. i never go on it other tha for steam