Fps lag when I recieve a message when playing games in windowed mode.

flexyz

Hey, I have a pretty decent computer, i7 3600k, gtx 1070, old hard drives tho, good motherboard. But I've noticed that I get a FPS Lag or spikes when I recieve a message, and if there are many in a row, there are more lag spikes, it is when it pops up on my screen in the right corner, it lags the whole time there is a window popped up in the corner. This applies to steam or on discord when I am playing games in windowed mode. League of legends and Osu!. When I play them in fullscreen, I don't get a lag spike when I recieve a message, which is very wierd in my opinion. Can not remember when it started. I have W10 btw. Thanks and hope to get some good replies here so that I might get this problem to go away.

Edited by flexyz

Maybe the text message forces the game to run in the background. If this is the case the fps drop should be exactly the same. 

i7-7800x, 1080ti

2 hours ago, flexyz said:

Hey, I have a pretty decent computer, i7 3600k, gtx 1070, old hard drives tho, good motherboard. But I've noticed that I get a FPS Lag or spikes when I recieve a message, and if there are many in a row, there are more lag spikes, it is when it pops up on my screen in the right corner, it lags the whole time there is a window popped up in the corner. This applies to steam or on discord when I am playing games in windowed mode. League of legends and Osu!. When I play them in fullscreen, I don't get a lag spike when I recieve a message, which is very wierd in my opinion. Can not remember when it started. I have W10 btw. Thanks and hope to get some good replies here so that I might get this problem to go away.

try disabling notifs.

19 hours ago, Abyssal Radon said:

Try out borderless windowed mode and see if the same problem persists.

I've tried borderless aswell. Same problem. 

19 hours ago, Wheatly said:

Maybe the text message forces the game to run in the background. If this is the case the fps drop should be exactly the same. 

Yeah, i'm almost thinking that is the case here. Which is very odd, and why would it do that. 

And it is the same with world of warcraft. I run it in windowed mode aswell. When fullscreen, nothing happens, no fps drops/stutter.

6 hours ago, flexyz said:

And it is the same with world of warcraft. I run it in windowed mode aswell. When fullscreen, nothing happens, no fps drops/stutter.

im guessing what happens is that the text message notification wasn't coded as an overlay, but instead it was coded as an application that would force its self to the front of the screen. I'm not sure how to fix this, possibly someone else on the forum could help with that 

i7-7800x, 1080ti