Samsung CF791 VS Acer Predator X34

I'm looking at a Gaming Monitor and I'm stuck trying to decide between the two different monitors, or preorder the HP Omen X 35 off of newegg.com.

My current card is a ASUS Strix GTX 1080 and I know that games like GTA V will not pass 42 fps on the optimize settings. But other games like War Thunder will run at 110+ fps. 

ASUS GTX 1080 Specs

• 8GB 256-Bit GDDR5X
  • Core Clock OC mode: 1695 MHz
  • Gaming mode: 1670 MHz
  • Boost Clock OC mode: 1835 MHz
  • Gaming mode: 1809 MHz

15 minutes ago, Holmes2468 said:

I'm looking at a Gaming Monitor and I'm stuck trying to decide between the two different monitors. Or preorder the HP Omen X 35.

My current card is a ASUS Strix GTX 1080 and I know that games like GTA V will not pass 42 fps on the optimize settings. But other games like War Thunder will run at 110+ fps. 

ASUS GTX 1080 Specs

• 8GB 256-Bit GDDR5X

31 minutes ago, Holmes2468 said:

I'm looking at a Gaming Monitor and I'm stuck trying to decide between the two different monitors. 

ASUS GTX 1080 Specs

• 8GB 256-Bit GDDR5X

My brother just bought a CF791 and I have the older S34E790C, after seeing his I definitely want to upgrade.  I had a 34" ROG Swift for a few days but ended up returning it because the IPS glow was really distracting and for me the Samsung VA panels are the way to go.  I currently have two 980s in SLI and can keep most games pegged at 60fps @3440x1440 but plan on getting a 1080ti or Vega when I get the new 100Hz Samsung.

I'm in a similar situation and looks like my choice is gonna be the Rog PG348Q. Why are you not considering it?

As well, if you are buying a X34 make sure you buy the X34P which is the latest revision.

A couple of interesting videos I've found:

2 hours ago, Sotti said:

I'm in a similar situation and looks like my choice is gonna be the Rog PG348Q. Why are you not considering it?

A couple of interesting videos I've found:

I was looking at the ASUS. But the X34 and the ASUS is the exact same monitor with a different bezel.And the Acer is generally $100 cheaper

8 hours ago, johnny5c said:

My brother just bought a CF791 and I have the older S34E790C, after seeing his I definitely want to upgrade.  I had a 34" ROG Swift for a few days but ended up returning it because the IPS glow was really distracting and for me the Samsung VA panels are the way to go.  I currently have two 980s in SLI and can keep most games pegged at 60fps @3440x1440 but plan on getting a 1080ti or Vega when I get the new 100Hz Samsung.

I had the older samsung 29" ultra wide panel and I ended up returning it right away due to the ghosting problem.  

Does the new panels suffer from the same issues?

2 hours ago, Holmes2468 said:

I had the older samsung 29" ultra wide panel and I ended up returning it right away due to the ghosting problem.  

Does the new panels suffer from the same issues?

No, not at all with the new 100Hz panels. 

1 hour ago, johnny5c said:

No, not at all with the new 100Hz panels. 

Does the Samsung have a monitor arm mount if I don't want to use the factory stand? 

14 hours ago, Holmes2468 said:

Does the Samsung have a monitor arm mount if I don't want to use the factory stand? 

Yep, standard VESA.  My brother has his mounted on a dual monitor stand with a 4K monitor above it.  But personally I think it's one of the best looking factory stands available, doesn't take up much desk space and has adjustable height and tilt plus the hidden cable channel is a nice touch.  I just ordered one for myself so I'll post a member review in a couple weeks.

On 3/20/2017 at 2:55 AM, johnny5c said:

Yep, standard VESA.  My brother has his mounted on a dual monitor stand with a 4K monitor above it.  But personally I think it's one of the best looking factory stands available, doesn't take up much desk space and has adjustable height and tilt plus the hidden cable channel is a nice touch.  I just ordered one for myself so I'll post a member review in a couple weeks.

I ended up ordering the ASUS P348Q from Best buy. If it is defective, I'll game the samsung a try.