Boot Issues Tyan 7010

Go to solution Solved by m0k,

you mentioned one of the memory channels dropped out, any idea if thats the motherboard or the ram itself?
does your pc boot / stable if you only use 1 or 2 sticks of ram?

Good evening Ladies and Gents. 

First time posting in the forums. Just a quick post to see if anyone has had a similar issue with a Tyan 7010 (ex-supermicro server) board. 

I have just torn out my dual xeon motherboard with dual xeon E5645's, 64GB ECC Memory and a few other bits and pieces and installed into a 900D case, as the 2U form factor was ridiculously loud. 

After re-testing & rebuilding, everything started fine with a Win 10 boot SSD, and after loading a few drivers etc, all seemed well. But... after about 45 mins, the OS froze. I then ungracefully shut down the server, as there was no other option. Since then, when booting, runs through bios etc, but as soon as it hits an OS, whether Win 10, Ubuntu live, mint etc etc, it either freezes, or restarts after a short time. Will also try ESXi again, as have had it running with that for the last couple of weeks with no probs. Only thing I have noticed is that one memory channel has dropped out. No idea why, but will start with checking what's happened there this evening. 

Anyways, any help/advice/bits to check would be awesome face. 

Love love, 

Griefa

20170317_004502.jpg

you mentioned one of the memory channels dropped out, any idea if thats the motherboard or the ram itself?

Photography / Finance / Gaming

23 minutes ago, mok said:

Dual CPU, so removed 6, 2 installed in CPU0_A0 & CPU1_A0, and it's stuck on BMC Initialization. Will have a bit of a play around with the RAM sets. 

Fixed - reseating all RAM seemed to resolve the issue. Cheers for the input mok.