Awesome Monitor or Scam?

Chuck_Bucy

Hey guys,

I've been looking into getting a 4k monitor for my new build. I want to be able to experience 4k visuals in my favorite games at 60hz. I also want to be able to play some games at higher refresh rates, such as CSGO (I can definitely tell the difference in games like this). However, I'm not really looking for 4K 144hz gaming. I know that the Predator and ROG could satisfy that (For the GDP of a small Third-World-Nation of course.)

In my searches I have come across this monitor. https://www.amazon.com/PRISM-Korea-M280PU-3840x2160-Included/dp/B01NCEAEEB

28 Inch Monitor

Display Port 2.0

1ms Response 

(3840x2160) 60hz

(1920x1080)  144hz

$350

This is like the best of both worlds!

However its one of those "Overseas Sketchy Monitors"

I saw a video where Linus tries out an ultrawide from a non-reputable monitor source and it met all of the specs it said it would hit.

I'm not looking for superior color quality and I am willing to part with IPS and Nvidia GSync.

I could also debezel the thing to make it look a bit more appealing.

What do you guys think?

Well it has a review, though only one

They also displayed Kratos from GoW too that's another plus. Though personally I wouldn't risk

It's just a cheap korean monitor.

You might end up with a dead pixel or maybe even a few, so be cautious of that.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

Looks like a cheap korean monitor, I doubt you can find any better 28" 4k monitors at that price. Of course you could get 24" but that may be a bit too small.

EDIT: here is a better monitor from a more reputable brand (but still korean xdd) with IPS https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01IRQAYPE/ref=ox_sc_sfl_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A2VL6ZMH6X13BT

hello!

is it me you're looking for?

ᴾC SᴾeCS ᴰoWᴺ ᴮEᴸoW

Spoiler

Desktop: X99-PC

CPU: i7 5820k

Mobo: X99 Deluxe

Cooler: Dark Rock Pro 3

RAM: 32GB DDR4
GPU: GTX 1080

Storage: 1TB 850 Evo, 1TB HDD, bunch of external hard drives
PSU: EVGA G2 750w

Peripherals: Logitech G502, Ducky One 711

Audio: Xonar U7, O2 amplifier (RIP), HD6XX

Monitors: 4k 24" Dell monitor, 1080p 24" Asus monitor

Laptop:

-Overkill Dell XPS

Fully maxed out early 2017 Dell XPS 15, GTX 1050 4GB, 7700HQ, 1TB nvme SSD, 32GB RAM, 4k display. 97Whr battery :x 
Dell was having a $600 off sale for the fully specced out model, so I decided to get it :P

-Crapbook

Fully specced out early 2013 Macbook "pro" with gt 650m and constant 105c temperature on the CPU (GPU is 80-90C) when doing anything intensive...

A 2013 laptop with a regular sized battery still has better battery life than a 2017 laptop with a massive battery! I think this is a testament to apple's ability at making laptops, or maybe how little CPU technology has improved even 4+ years later (at least, until the recent introduction of 15W 4 core CPUs). Anyway, I'm never going to get a 35W CPU laptop again unless battery technology becomes ~5x better than as it is in 2018.

Apple knows how to make proper consumer-grade laptops (they don't know how to make pro laptops though). I guess this mostly software power efficiency related, but getting a mac makes perfect sense if you want a portable/powerful laptop that can do anything you want it to with great battery life.

You could buy it and if it's a scam or broken, Amazon will most likely cover you as it's through their website and they claim that they trust all their sellers.

Buying monitors like this is pretty risky; you might end up with a broken monitor with no warranty, or it might be perfectly fine with great specs. It all comes down to the device itself (Linus tested a Korean ultrawide that was very good except some features that were on the product page but not available in the monitor). If I were you I'd research more before buying.

Thanks guys!

I'll reply in a week when it gets here and let you know!