Cheap power supply that crash the system with only one game

Mod4Ever85

I got a cheap power supply. It works really well all the times, except when i try to run a particular game (rocket league) right after boot. If i run the game in the range of 10-15 min from bott it will reboot the pc because motherboard protection detect a  surge.

It does this only with this game, and only 10-15min from boot. if i run rcket league after 20-30 min from bot works fine.

I tried to replicate the problem with more demanding games or benchmarks right after boot, but nothing happened. It happens only with rocket league.

I do not want to change power supply, i am just curious why this happens, and why only with that game.

Anyone than can enlight me?

2 minutes ago, Mod4Ever85 said:

I got a cheap power supply. It works really well all the times, except when i try to run a particular game (rocket league) right after boot. If i run the game in the range of 10-15 min from bott it will reboot the pc because motherboard protection detect a  surge.

It does this only with this game, and only 10-15min from boot. if i run rcket league after 20-30 min from bot works fine.

I tried to replicate the problem with more demanding games or benchmarks right after boot, but nothing happened. It happens only with rocket league.

I do not want to change power supply, i am just curious why this happens, and why only with that game.

You might not want to change the power supply, but if you don't you could potentially be risking all of the hardware in your system. Please- do yourself a favor and spend $30 on a slightly less shit power supply from EVGA, Corsair, or Seasonic.

Sergeant, United States Marine Corps

Network Administrator, Comptia A+, Security+, Cisco Certified Networking Associate

From a G3258 to dual Xeon E5-2670's

That's why you don't use a PSU like that. They're not made well, and you could damage all the components in your system. 

Main System: Phobos

AMD Ryzen 7 2700 (8C/16T), ASRock B450 Steel Legend, 16GB G.SKILL Aegis DDR4 3000MHz, AMD Radeon RX 570 4GB (XFX), 960GB Crucial M500, 2TB Seagate BarraCuda, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations/macOS Catalina

Secondary System: York

Intel Core i7-2600 (4C/8T), ASUS P8Z68-V/GEN3, 16GB GEIL Enhance Corsa DDR3 1600MHz, Zotac GeForce GTX 550 Ti 1GB, 240GB ADATA Ultimate SU650, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations

Older File Server: Yet to be named

Intel Pentium 4 HT (1C/2T), Intel D865GBF, 3GB DDR 400MHz, ATI Radeon HD 4650 1GB (HIS), 80GB WD Caviar, 320GB Hitachi Deskstar, Windows XP Pro SP3, Windows Server 2003 R2

OK. But why it happens onlywith one Program and with none else???? 

This is the question i asked

soevery one is only good to suggest to get a Non.cheap power supply but do notknow why this is happening? wow, i thought there where experts in power supply 

1 hour ago, Mod4Ever85 said:

soevery one is only good to suggest to get a Non.cheap power supply but do notknow why this is happening? wow, i thought there where experts in power supply 

You may be having that issue do the a sudden increase in power needed by that game. The cheap PSU can't handle it, therefore causing the issue. The only solution is to get a good PSU. You should never use a cheap, shitty PSU. 

Main System: Phobos

AMD Ryzen 7 2700 (8C/16T), ASRock B450 Steel Legend, 16GB G.SKILL Aegis DDR4 3000MHz, AMD Radeon RX 570 4GB (XFX), 960GB Crucial M500, 2TB Seagate BarraCuda, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations/macOS Catalina

Secondary System: York

Intel Core i7-2600 (4C/8T), ASUS P8Z68-V/GEN3, 16GB GEIL Enhance Corsa DDR3 1600MHz, Zotac GeForce GTX 550 Ti 1GB, 240GB ADATA Ultimate SU650, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations

Older File Server: Yet to be named

Intel Pentium 4 HT (1C/2T), Intel D865GBF, 3GB DDR 400MHz, ATI Radeon HD 4650 1GB (HIS), 80GB WD Caviar, 320GB Hitachi Deskstar, Windows XP Pro SP3, Windows Server 2003 R2

On 3/13/2017 at 0:14 PM, Mod4Ever85 said:

Which power supply is it?

CPU - i7-10700K, MB -MSI Z490 Gaming PlusRAM-Corsair Vengeance Pro 3200MHz, GPU - MSI GeForce RTX 3070 GAMING X TRIO, PSU - EVGA 650w Supernova G2 80+ GoldStorage - Samsung 970 EVO 500 GB ,WD 3x Samsung 860 EVO 500GB, Cooler- Noctua NH-D15S, CASE Fractal Meshify 2 Compact

19 hours ago, Mod4Ever85 said:

Erm yeah, that's a shit power supply man. I've never heard of that brand either, have a look at the PSU tier list and get something from tier 1-3

CPU - i7-10700K, MB -MSI Z490 Gaming PlusRAM-Corsair Vengeance Pro 3200MHz, GPU - MSI GeForce RTX 3070 GAMING X TRIO, PSU - EVGA 650w Supernova G2 80+ GoldStorage - Samsung 970 EVO 500 GB ,WD 3x Samsung 860 EVO 500GB, Cooler- Noctua NH-D15S, CASE Fractal Meshify 2 Compact

• 2 weeks later...
On 15/3/2017 at 5:08 PM, igetaroundd said:

Erm yeah, that's a shit power supply man. I've never heard of that brand either, have a look at the PSU tier list and get something from tier 1-3

it was a rocket league problem, they fixed it with the last update.

It is a cheap power supply that worked perfectly for a year now, except for that issue with rocket league. thatt now i solved... so i will stick with this power supply :) and live happy .
If i get any other problems with this power supply i will report back ;)

42 minutes ago, Mod4Ever85 said:

it was a rocket league problem, they fixed it with the last update.

It is a cheap power supply that worked perfectly for a year now, except for that issue with rocket league. thatt now i solved... so i will stick with this power supply :) and live happy .
If i get any other problems with this power supply i will report back ;)

Just make sure you have fire insurance for the house and a good fire extinguisher handy

Current System Specs:

CPU: Intel I5-7660K; CPU Cooler: Coolermaster Hyper 212X; Thermal Paste: IC Diamond 7 Carat; Motherboard: MSI Z270 Gaming Pro Carbon;

RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury Black 16GB (2 x 8gb) DDR4 - 2400; SSD Storage: 1TB Samsung 850 EVO; Storage: 2TB Seagate Barracuda 7200rpm;

GPU: Gigabyte Geforce GTX 1070 8gb G1 Gaming; Case: NZXT Phantom 530 Black; PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 650W 80+ Gold, OS: Windows 10 Home

16 hours ago, Drake10114 said:

Just make sure you have fire insurance for the house and a good fire extinguisher handy

I thought Canadians where kind people, but maybe online you feel less bounded by natural inclinations, Good fr you ;)