HDMI isn't working on my new monitor.

Kyle_L1998
Go to solution Solved by Kyle_L1998,
On 28/02/2017 at 3:37 AM, EslyteMedia said:

3 hours ago, VolkA said:

Oh ok. Haha. That was confusing. Anyway, it most likely means that your HDMI port on your monitor is faulty. RMA it if it's possible. You have no other choice. :(

Just a quick update, I just tried setting everything up using a HDMI 2.0 cable and everything works fine. The monitor must not be backwards compatible with 1.4 then I guess. Thanks for the help anyway.

I decided recently to upgrade my monitor to an Acer XB321HK, connected it to my PC via display port everything works fine. Today I decided to try and connect my Xbox one to it also but it simply isn't working. so far I have tried:

• trying different hdmi cables
  • using a splitter as I thought it may be a hdcp error
  • altering the display settings on my xbox back to default
  • Resetting the monitors settings back to default
  • manually going through every option on the monitor and no options changed anything
  • turning off the monitor's and the xbox's power from the wall for 30 seconds

I also looked on Acers website for drivers, only problem is that they only go up to windows 8 64-bit but I am running win 10 not that I'm sure that would help with my issue, then tried contacted them but a serial number was required and apparently mine isn't valid so it will take me 48 hours to get in contact. I've decided to order a hdmi 2.0 cable to upgrade from my current 1.4 to try that out. Also if it's any help my monitor is receiving audio from the xbox and the 'no signal' message goes away when the Xbox is turned on. It's probably me overlooking something simple but any help would really be appreciated.

2 minutes ago, Kyle_L1998 said:

I decided recently to upgrade my monitor to an Acer XB321HK, connected it to my PC via display port everything works fine. Today I decided to try and connect my Xbox one to it also but it simply isn't working. so far I have tried:

• trying different hdmi cables
  • using a splitter as I thought it may be a hdcp error
  • altering the display settings on my xbox back to default
  • Resetting the monitors settings back to default
  • manually going through every option on the monitor and no options changed anything
  • turning off the monitor's and the xbox's power from the wall for 30 seconds

I also looked on Acers website for drivers, only problem is that they only go up to windows 8 64-bit but I am running win 10 not that I'm sure that would help with my issue, then tried contacted them but a serial number was required and apparently mine isn't valid so it will take me 48 hours to get in contact. I've decided to order a hdmi 2.0 cable to upgrade from my current 1.4 to try that out. Also if it's any help my monitor is receiving audio from the xbox and the 'no signal' message goes away when the Xbox is turned on. It's probably me overlooking something simple but any help would really be appreciated.

Have you try to connect your PC to your monitor via HDMI? Do that work? If its doesn't work then the answer is obvious. If it does work, then the answer is too complicated. :P

Spoiler

[CPU] i5-4690K @ 4.5GHz with NZXT Kraken X61 [MOBO] Asus Z97-AR [Memory] HyperX Fury 32GB DDR3-1600 [Storage] Samsung 840 EVO 500GB & WD 1TB Black & Hitachi 1TB [GPU] Gigabyte GTX 1080 8GB Xtreme Gaming [Case] Corsair Air 540 [PSU] Cooler Master V1000 [Case Fan] Corsair SP140 LED Fan x 3 & SP120 LED Fan x 3 [Display] Main: Philips 31.5" FULL HD IPS | Side: Philips 28" 4K UHD [Keyboard] Razer Blackwidow Ultimate Stealth Edition [Mouse] Razer Ouroboros [Mouse Pad] Razer Firefly [Sound] BOSE Companion 5 Multimedia Speaker System

Just did and nope haha, looks like the answer is going to be complicated.

I can live without it as I can stream my Xbox to my PC, it would just be nice to know for sure if it's a fault with the monitor or not.

5 minutes ago, VolkA said:

Have you try to connect your PC to your monitor via HDMI? Do that work? If its doesn't work then the answer is obvious. If it does work, then the answer is too complicated. :P

Forgot to quote in my post sorry.

5 minutes ago, Kyle_L1998 said:

Just did and nope haha, looks like the answer is going to be complicated.

6 minutes ago, Kyle_L1998 said:

I can live without it as I can stream my Xbox to my PC, it would just be nice to know for sure if it's a fault with the monitor or not.

It seems to me like the HDMI port on your monitor is dead. I'd recommend calling Acer support at 1 (866) 695-2237, or contacting them by other means. If it comes to it, I think you'll be able to return it for a replacement.

12 minutes ago, Kyle_L1998 said:

2 minutes ago, EslyteMedia said:

It seems to me like the HDMI port on your monitor is dead. I'd recommend calling Acer support at 1 (866) 695-2237, or contacting them by other means. If it comes to it, I think you'll be able to return it for a replacement.

That's what I was fearing, guess I'll have to go that route then if I need it in the future. Thanks for the help.

I'm just confused as to why it receives audio, could that still be possible if there is a fault with the port?

1 hour ago, EslyteMedia said:

2 hours ago, Kyle_L1998 said:

Forgot to quote in my post sorry.

So you mean when you connect your PC to your monitor via HDMI everything is ok right? You will get image and stuff but only the XBOX doesn't? Have you try connecting your XBOX via HDMI to another monitor / TV? Seriously, it it works on another monitor or TV, this is some crazy and complicated issue ... Haha.

Spoiler

[CPU] i5-4690K @ 4.5GHz with NZXT Kraken X61 [MOBO] Asus Z97-AR [Memory] HyperX Fury 32GB DDR3-1600 [Storage] Samsung 840 EVO 500GB & WD 1TB Black & Hitachi 1TB [GPU] Gigabyte GTX 1080 8GB Xtreme Gaming [Case] Corsair Air 540 [PSU] Cooler Master V1000 [Case Fan] Corsair SP140 LED Fan x 3 & SP120 LED Fan x 3 [Display] Main: Philips 31.5" FULL HD IPS | Side: Philips 28" 4K UHD [Keyboard] Razer Blackwidow Ultimate Stealth Edition [Mouse] Razer Ouroboros [Mouse Pad] Razer Firefly [Sound] BOSE Companion 5 Multimedia Speaker System

14 hours ago, VolkA said:

So you mean when you connect your PC to your monitor via HDMI everything is ok right? You will get image and stuff but only the XBOX doesn't? Have you try connecting your XBOX via HDMI to another monitor / TV? Seriously, it it works on another monitor or TV, this is some crazy and complicated issue ... Haha.

No I didn't word it right sorry, when I connect my PC to the monitor via HDMI it's the same issue with the no signal message. My Xbox works fine when I connect it to other monitors.

On 01/03/2017 at 3:46 AM, Kyle_L1998 said:

No I didn't word it right sorry, when I connect my PC to the monitor via HDMI it's the same issue with the no signal message. My Xbox works fine when I connect it to other monitors.

Oh ok. Haha. That was confusing. Anyway, it most likely means that your HDMI port on your monitor is faulty. RMA it if it's possible. You have no other choice. :(

Spoiler

On 28/02/2017 at 3:37 AM, EslyteMedia said:

3 hours ago, VolkA said:

Just a quick update, I just tried setting everything up using a HDMI 2.0 cable and everything works fine. The monitor must not be backwards compatible with 1.4 then I guess. Thanks for the help anyway.