Does this Haste thing really work?

So I came across a video on youtube that talked about this new program called "Haste", which it said is supposed to improve the ping of your game in various games (currently supporting League of Legends and Overwatch).

So, being an Overwatch player, I took the time to watch the video. My thoughts on it were mixed. It made enough sense to where it could work, but I'm not sure this is another ripoff like WTFast was. The comments on the video were mixed too, but more people experienced better ping than people who actually gained ping. Has anybody heard of it/used it? If so does it really work?

PC: AMD Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.8GHz | EVGA RTX 2060 SUPER | MSI B350 Gaming Pro Carbon | G.Skill Ripjaws V 16GB @ 3200MHz C14 | EVGA G3 650W

Laptop: 2023 Macbook Pro 16" - M2 Max | 64GB RAM | 1TB SSD

I dunno how the internet works, but it seems pretty weird to connect to a third-party off in some remote area, only to have them reconnect you to somebody else. Also, no interruptions? I don't know about that...

Basically, what they're saying is, "Let us do your ISP's job for them!"

But if your ISP was already doing a bad job, who is to say you're going to be able to connect to Haste's servers any better?

In reality, you're just making the chain longer, connecting to somebody that isn't entirely reputable, and potentially losing money on a service that wouldn't ultimately accomplish anything while possibly decreasing your own security.

So, is it worth it?

Probably not. I'd just get better internet.

A picture- Since I'm bad with words.

Spoiler

netthingy.png

Just because they know the best routes, doesn't mean your computer is going to take said best route.

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

• 2 weeks later...

Hey there.  I'm Joey, the Community Manager at Haste.  Because we operate a private high-performance network that has less hops and less congestion than most ISPs, we are able to find people better routes to the game servers than what your ISP would have available. Because we give you multiple routes instead of one, your packets also have a lower chance of being lost or delayed -- reducing packet loss and jitter. Your typical ISP will route you on the cheapest path to the game servers, not the fastest and most reliable. Haste uses your telemetry data to identify which paths we have available would work best for you, and we assign you a set of them. Since we are starting to peer with residential ISPs, we're able to get your packet off of their slow network and onto ours quicker. Once it's on our network, it's often only a few hops to the game server.

Haste is in free beta, so there's no harm in trying it.  We have real investors, real technology, real people, and real results.  We'd love to hear your feedback on our product.  You can email us at support@haste.net.

• 3 months later...

If you are still thinking about Haste, don't use it. It's bullshit. I tried it for Overwatch, I didn't see any improvement, then I contacted Blizzard support and they told me to take it off because it was slowing my connection. Haste just has flashy bullshit trying to trick you into a placebo. Haste_Joey, delete your service

if i remember, ill test it when i get off work using pathping and tracert to see if i can see any legitimate results.

but i call bullshit, and if they actually have as much control over it as they say they do, i'd stay far away from it, since they are likely selling your data. no such thing as free.

How do Reavers clean their spears?

|Specs in profile|

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.

• 4 weeks later...

I also found this software useless,but can anyone tell me how can I delete this software completely

Haste works great for me! I live in a house where 5 or sometimes 6 people are on the internet at the same time, streaming netflix, snapchatting, etc. so I had to wait until late at night to game competitively. Haste solved this problem for me. I had a constant 90+ ping with very common spikes up to 250, and constant rubberbanding around the map. I would shoot an arrow as Hanzo but then it would just act like I didnt, or i would shoot once and it would jerk my screen up and shoot 3 times. Haste has reduced my ping to a very very steady 62, with only 1 rubberband in the entire 4 ish hour gaming session, and that was the only one in the 4 or 5 days I have used it. Great service, I will almost definitely use Haste and upgrade to the pro version. Also want to say Haste didnt ask me to write this review, I just saw all the negative ones and thought people were not being fair to them. GJ haste, your service has caused me to gain 350 SR :)))

• 3 weeks later...

I will say that I thought it was a bunch of bullshit, but after a conversation with riot support(league of legends), they suggested to try playing with a vpn to reduce packet loss. I did have my fps increase to 51 from 44, but I wasn't getting any more packet loss. here is a log of the email the rioter sent: https://pastebin.com/5vPptA7B

That doesn't mean that i think haste is a fucking terrible company and their whole system is just to try to infect as many pc's as possible like some virus. This is because you can extend your "premium trial" by getting other people to try out the service.

On 7/3/2017 at 2:27 PM, Finn1924 said:

Haste works great for me! I live in a house where 5 or sometimes 6 people are on the internet at the same time, streaming netflix, snapchatting, etc. so I had to wait until late at night to game competitively. Haste solved this problem for me. I had a constant 90+ ping with very common spikes up to 250, and constant rubberbanding around the map. I would shoot an arrow as Hanzo but then it would just act like I didnt, or i would shoot once and it would jerk my screen up and shoot 3 times. Haste has reduced my ping to a very very steady 62, with only 1 rubberband in the entire 4 ish hour gaming session, and that was the only one in the 4 or 5 days I have used it. Great service, I will almost definitely use Haste and upgrade to the pro version. Also want to say Haste didnt ask me to write this review, I just saw all the negative ones and thought people were not being fair to them. GJ haste, your service has caused me to gain 350 SR :)))

this couldn't sound any more like a paid review, do yourself a favor and delete this.

tldr: Haste works, but it is still shit. Also, fuck Time Warner Cable/Spectrum

AMD r5-1600 4.0GHz 1.38V | Corsair H110i | Gigabyte 980 1.5GHz

ASUS B350 Prime | EVGA 16GB 3066MHz | Thermaltake P3

Windows 10 | Kali Linux | LoL: Ward for RP

On 3/2/2017 at 3:35 PM, Haste_Joey said:

Hey there.  I'm Joey, the Community Manager at Haste.  Because we operate a private high-performance network that has less hops and less congestion than most ISPs, we are able to find people better routes to the game servers than what your ISP would have available. Because we give you multiple routes instead of one, your packets also have a lower chance of being lost or delayed -- reducing packet loss and jitter. Your typical ISP will route you on the cheapest path to the game servers, not the fastest and most reliable. Haste uses your telemetry data to identify which paths we have available would work best for you, and we assign you a set of them. Since we are starting to peer with residential ISPs, we're able to get your packet off of their slow network and onto ours quicker. Once it's on our network, it's often only a few hops to the game server.

Haste is in free beta, so there's no harm in trying it.  We have real investors, real technology, real people, and real results.  We'd love to hear your feedback on our product.  You can email us at support@haste.net.

Stop with the retarded marketing terms, This is a Tech forum, show us some actual results that we can read

On 6/7/2017 at 1:27 AM, AlecksOW said:

If you are still thinking about Haste, don't use it. It's bullshit. I tried it for Overwatch, I didn't see any improvement, then I contacted Blizzard support and they told me to take it off because it was slowing my connection. Haste just has flashy bullshit trying to trick you into a placebo. Haste_Joey, delete your service

Haste won't help you if you already have good internet

On 6/30/2017 at 8:09 AM, BrianWong said:

I also found this software useless,but can anyone tell me how can I delete this software completely

control panel>uninstall a program>haste>yes>profit?

Enough already!

You know what? Despite all this bickering here we still don't have any hard data on whether or not Haste actually helps with gaming or not. Just a few highly prejudiced testimonials that don't actually let us into what improvements/losses actually happened over the service.

Also just throwing something out here, this is a tech forum. I'd say a good 60% of us, especially those in the FPC have internet connections far faster than the US's broadband definition (25/5). Which may lessen the effects of Haste, but still kinda furthers the pointlessness of the service since we'll likely be the ones to buy into it anyways due to a fairly big bombshell... It's not free.

So, just to give it the benefit of the doubt here's what I plan to do with it...

I'll trial Overwatch, TF2, and L4D  (correction: My bad, it seems I somehow missed that this only works w/ OW and LoL. So that's $10, TEN WHOLE DOLLARS every month for miniscule benefits in just two games; at this rate I may as well just gift FPC memberships to three of you; lets put it this way, if someone cant afford a good connection, how can they afford this? Nevertheless, I'll keep up with my promise and give it the benefit of the doubt anyways) on my home internet connection (200/10 - Comcast) and a satellite based one in the middle of nowhere (RIP my grandparents metered 50GB connection) while the trial period well, is still there and update you guys on my findings. If anyone would also like to lighten the load for me and chart down their findings that'd be great too.

...Please, anyone.

Now before I actually do anything, I myself am insanely skeptical. Regardless of what route we're taking, aren't we still adding latency to get to Haste's servers and get a response back for a good route? Wouldn't this have to be determined by an algorithim which would in effect add latency there in and of itself.

Basically, I see exactly this...

netthingy.png

But at this point, I think I've seen everything. So might as well give this a go.

Image Credit: @SageOfSpice

How to fit right in to the LTT forum...   1. Look for the appropriate thread  2. Reply: {insert topic here} NO!

....And this my friends is what the world has came to. Be proud of yourselves.

10 minutes ago, TnrR said:

Enough already!

You know what? Despite all this bickering here we still don't have any hard data on whether or not Haste actually helps with gaming or not. Just a few highly prejudiced testimonials that don't actually let us into what improvements/losses actually happened over the service.

Also just throwing something out here, this is a tech forum. I'd say a good 60% of us, especially those in the FPC have internet connections far faster than the US's broadband definition (25/5). Which may lessen the effects of Haste, but still kinda furthers the pointlessness of the service since we'll likely be the ones to buy into it anyways due to a fairly big bombshell... It's not free.

So, just to give it the benefit of the doubt here's what I plan to do with it...

I'll trial Overwatch, TF2, and L4D on my home internet connection (200/10 - Comcast) and a satellite based one in the middle of nowhere (RIP my grandparents metered 50GB connection) while the trial period well, is still there and update you guys on my findings. If anyone would also like to lighten the load for me and chart down their findings that'd be great too.

...Please, anyone.

Now before I actually do anything, I myself am insanely skeptical. Regardless of what route we're taking, aren't we still adding latency to get to Haste's servers and get a response back for a good route? Wouldn't this have to be determined by an algorithim which would in effect add latency there in and of itself.

Basically, I see exactly this...

netthingy.png

But at this point, I think I've seen everything. So might as well give this a go.

Just do traceroutes of both the connections, but like I said this won't help you if your internet is already fine

3 minutes ago, Austin8249 said:

Just do traceroutes of the both connections, but like i said this won't help you if you internet is already fine

Agreed.

---

Oh btw, @SageOfSpice sorry for originally failing to credit you for the pic. Was just about to edit this post as he replied. Great job on it btw.

How to fit right in to the LTT forum...   1. Look for the appropriate thread  2. Reply: {insert topic here} NO!

....And this my friends is what the world has came to. Be proud of yourselves.

I used this service and got better internet. I also downloaded more RAM and Graphics cards so I get like 1000fps on overwatch now. 

Depends on your connection. It might work for some but not others.

Haste does work. It doesn't lower my MS on League Of Legends, It stops my MS from fluctuating. Before sometimes my ping would be at like 30ms, and then jump up to 100 or 200 for like 30 seconds and go back down for like 2 minutes. With haste I have a constant 29 - 31ms.

I dont know man i cant tel the difference when i am in-game using this program or not, but what i do know is that sometimes haste would tell me that my ping is 70-90 but really, in-game i experience extreme lag spikes 500ping+ etc .

• 3 months later...

This program works good for me on League of Legends. I have a 109-115 ping being in Hawaii is garbage for playing League but once I installed Haste I can tell I’m considerably faster on my ping now, my in-game still shows 109-115 but I honestly can say it feels more like a 50-75 ping now which is way better for me. Basically any improvement for me is noticeable. But, if your connection is already good then this won’t benefit you. I think their program works best in extreme bad situations like mine. I’m also considering to try to play on Oceania Servers.  Connecting to Chicago for LoL is a real bitch. 

• 2 weeks later...

I installed it last night because I was sick of the ping spikes in LOL. I have DSL out in the country because that is all that is available. It worked pretty well for me and reduced the number of lag spikes. Usually my ping would spike to  200-300 ms every time I fought  someone so 15-20 times a game. Haste seemed to get it down to just once or twice a game. I only went to them because I was out of options and my friends were starting to hate playing with me because I would die and then say "I was lagging" which afterawhile no one believes

Disclaimer: I haven't tried Haste.

Programs like this "CAN WORK" depending on your current internet connection. 
That diagram show on a previous post is so deceiving... thats not how the internet works.

As someone else mentioned, if you already have a good connection to the game servers (emphasis on "CONNECTION") then you would just be hindering it by adding an extra route (as the diagram shows). However, most of the people trying to use programs like this do it because they experience lag spikes or much lower speeds to what's advertise by their internet providers.

So it does work for these kind of people for 2 reasons:

1) Programs usually reconfigure the system to optimize for gaming, (smaller faster packers at the cost of increased bandwidth)

2) If a service of your choosing has a server much closer to you, and if that said service has a stable dedicated connection to the TARGET game server. Then connecting through it WILL be faster and more stable than user the typical general purpose connection internet service providers have.

This can be easily seen with people playing under extreme conditions. Like someone trying to play world of warcraft from Japan on Australian servers. 

Again, i have NOT tried Haste, so I don't know how well it works, I ended up on this article trying to find an alternative to WTFast which did improve my connection but is freaking expensive.

• 1 month later...

I had to make an account just to say this.

Haste doesn't work. I have anywhere from 60-80 ping on league, after haste its the same thing. My only guess is that when it does work its only tricking your computer by connecting to their server first (which could be closer to you than say riot's server) and coming back to you with a false ping as a result. I'm pretty certain they're adding this crap about packet loss to make it sound more intelligent than it is. Moral of the story, even if I'm wrong about my assumptions, haste doesn't work and they're more than likely getting people to make accounts on here to say that it does.

Well i used the free 14 days today and i normally play cs go on a 40 ping average. I just installed haste and played a couple of rounds and i got a ping of 35 wich is 5 less then i had before but i dont really feel a different yet i played 3-4 rounds and cant tell if its helping with connecting shots or anything. I mean its showing 5 less ping but i dont know if that is worth 5$ per month/50$ per year. I saw this on Anomaly and thought ill try it i mean yea it works but idk if its worth it,

• 2 months later...
On 7/3/2017 at 8:27 PM, Finn1924 said:

I can only wish for 90+ ping. Right now, regardless of anybody on the internet at our house, I have 200+ ping to EU servers. Its horse-doodoo but i have to live with it because Haste cant do much of anything for people like me.

• 8 months later...

I made an acct just to come in here and say Haste works. I was having a day or two of my ISP wasnt routing my traffic right or something (normally in OW im 55ms up to 71ms) But super rubberbanding today and yesterday up to 150m. I was in a comp game in OW about to give up and someone on my team told me about this I'd never heard of it. Now normally my game is playable but huge issues last 2 days. I tried it for one game in QP. I could still feel my sh**t ISP in the background trying to make my game trash but the game was massively playable compared to rubberbanding everywhere. It was ungoldy terrible especially playing tanks like ball and winston but this made it playable. Now, hopefully my ISP gets their stuff sorted in the next few days but this program isnt fake or anything like that. The performance difference was so massive i went and bought it right away. If it works this well on my first game (trial) they deserve it.