Samsung releases new Chromebook Pro/Plus with Stylus and 3:2 Screen

http://www.androidcentral.com/samsung-chromebook-pro-review?bt_ee=y+TYGW1DpsdRCkOA0oP29mUKIFlpazAp3diBQ0Gg00g58SC0xoeqjHsjlIROGfA/&bt_ts=1486760587993

TL:DR 

- 3:2 2400x1600 screen

- Core M3 processor

- 4GB RAM 

- 32GB storage

- Dual USB C ports

- Stylus support

- 14mm thin

- 2.38lbs/1.07kg

- 8hr battery life

- Play Store support OUT OF THE BOX

idk

4 minutes ago, Droidbot said:

Play Store support OUT OF THE BOX

Why on earth did this ever need to be a selling point?

10 minutes ago, DrMikeNZ said:

Why on earth did this ever need to be a selling point?

You'll generally see that on products with nothing good to talk about, they'll start listing things you'd just assume.  I've seen it happen with really low-spec cars on price is right.

"This brand new ___ includes doors, tires, engine, and 4 speed manual transmission! (windows not included)"

:P 

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

19 minutes ago, Droidbot said:

[...]

Please update your post to meet the tech news posting guidelines:

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

REPOST!

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

2 minutes ago, Droidbot said:

Half the chromebook systems don't have the play store yet.. 

I was not suggesting it wasn't a selling point, but that it shouldn't have needed to be a selling point. They have had over half a decade to get it sorted.

All chromebooks should have had it so long ago.

2 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

You'll generally see that on products with nothing good to talk about, they'll start listing things you'd just assume.

The problem is they need to be clear that it has this, as it isn't something that you can assume.

31 minutes ago, AluminiumTech said:

REPOST!

Intel Core m3-6y30 with HD graphics 515, compared to 2 cortex-A72 and four Cortex-A53 cores.

Edited by DrMikeNZ
Typo

19 minutes ago, DrMikeNZ said:

Intel Core m3-6y30 with HD graphics 615, compared to 2 cortex-A72 and four Cortex-A53 cores.

it has Intel HD Graphics 515. Please fix your post and add to OP.

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

2 minutes ago, AluminiumTech said:

it has Intel HD Graphics 515. Please fix your post and add to OP.

50 minutes ago, Droidbot said:

- Core M3 processor

idk

59 minutes ago, AluminiumTech said:

REPOST!

not really, mine was about the announcement of the device, this is about the release 

on topic: sound like a great device, read the review on technobuffalo yesterday and it's a pretty decent laptop and the ability to run android apps opens up more door to it. The S-Pen seems to have the same features as on a note device which is awesome. No would i spend 500$ on a chromebook? probably not

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

10 minutes ago, suicidalfranco said:

not really, mine was about the announcement of the device, this is about the release 

on topic: sound like a great device, read the review on technobuffalo yesterday and it's a pretty decent laptop and the ability to run android apps opens up more door to it. The S-Pen seems to have the same features as on a note device which is awesome. No would i spend 500$ on a chromebook? probably not

the feel when this is literally a surface book but running chrome OS and with a Y series processor. 

got that 3:2 goodness, stylus, etc.

idk